EasyView Security Statement
HSBC Bank USA's Role in Security
Welcome to HSBC Bank USA, N.A. ("HSBC") EasyView (the "Service"). HSBC EasyView is a branded personal information management service that is provided to you by HSBC and is owned and operated by Yodlee.com, Inc. ("Yodlee"). Yodlee and HSBC are sometimes referred to together as "we" or "us".
It's important to you, and to us.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to information about you. We use leading technologies such as data encryption, firewalls, server authentication, and digital certificates to protect the security of your data. We also require the use of 128-bit encryption browsers or a browser that supports Server Gated Cryptography (SGC). SGC allows a browser using 40-bit encryption to function as if it has 128-bit encryption for the duration of the session.
Browsers (such as Netscape or Internet Explorer) using 128-bit encryption (or supporting Server Gated Cryptography) provide the highest level of commercially available security for your financial transactions. Encryption transforms the banking transactions you send over the Internet into code that can then be translated by us.
A Digital Certificate is a randomly generated set of characters that our computer sends to your browser. The browser on your computer stores this information and uses it to verify that the Internet address is actually HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and not someone masquerading as the Bank. It can be used in the same way a passport or driver's license is used as a means to establish identity.
Your Role in Security
You have a significant role to play in security!
There are two pieces of important information that you must keep confidential - your Username and Password. These are the keys to your access into the Service.
General Online Security Tips
- Install and regularly update virus detection software.
- Do not allow unauthorized access to your PC.
- Do not install pirated software or software from an unknown source.
- Do not open email attachments from unknown sources.
- Conduct financial transactions first in any online session. After completing financial transactions online, including credit card purchaes, logoff before continuing other online activity. This may help protect your confidential data (account numbers, passwords, etc.)
- Notify your financial institution immediately of any erroneous changes in your account information.
To make the access to your HSBC Bank USA, N.A. accounts easy and secure, we want you to choose your own Username. Your ID can be 3 to 50 characters in length and should be something you can easily remember but not easily guessed by someone else. If you wish to use your name or something equally familiar, our suggestion is to mix numbers with the letters to provide additional complexity.
Your password is as important as your Username. Follow these tips when creating your own unique password:
- Select a password that cannot be easily guessed by someone else.
- Do not associate your password with anything personal such as names, birth dates, phone numbers, your Username or other familiar words.
- Create a password 6 to 50 characters long (longer passwords are more secure) containing a combination of both letters and numbers.
- Do not make your USER ID the same as your password.
- Memorize your password and never write it down or reveal it to anyone.
Remember: No one at HSBC will ever ask you for your password!
- Change your password on a regular basis - at least every 30 days.
For your added security, HSBC has updated a session time-out feature. If your EasyView session is idle for 14 minutes, a warning notice will appear giving you the opportunity to either continue or to logoff the session. The system allows you 1 minute to respond before your session is automatically ended. This is done to protect your accounts from unauthorized access if your PC is left unattended and you are unable to exit normally. You will then need to log back on to EasyView.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions, FAQs or Help for instructions on how to cancel your account.
- We suggest that after cancellation, you change the password/PIN for all of your individual accounts that have been included in the service.
You will choose an ID and password when registering for EasyView. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your ID and password. Adding new accounts to the Service will require that you also provide authentication for your other online accounts that you wish to add to EasyView. For your convenience, an auto-login feature is available that allows "click through" access directly to your online services. You can disable the auto-login feature, by account, at any time. However, the importance of protecting your EasyView log on information is increased significantly when using the auto-login feature, as direct access to your online servies is enabled.
Although every precaution has been taken to offer the service using
Lastly, always remember to exit and close the browser window when you have completed your banking. If you suspect any unusual account activity, email or contact us at