HSBC EasyView User Agreement
1. Acceptance of Terms.
When you click on the "I Accept" button below, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, click on the "I Decline" button below. If you do not accept these Terms, you will not be entitled to use this Service. We reserve the right at our discretion to make changes to these Terms. Upon any change, We will notify you by electronic mail, or by a link to or posting of the new or different Terms. You agree to accept electronic communications, links to and/or postings of any revised Terms and that such electronic communications, links and/or postings constitute notice to you of any new or different Terms. If you continue to use our services thereafter, your continued use of the services constitutes acceptance of the changes and an agreement to be bound by these Terms, as amended. If you do not agree to the changes, you agree to discontinue your use of these Services. Also, when using services offered through your third party service providers, you will be subject to terms posted by your service providers. Use of their services, or acceptance of their terms of service, as the case may be, signifies your agreement to their terms and conditions of service. In order to register or use the Services, you must be at least 18 years old, a United States resident and legally capable to enter into contracts. You may only use the Services for personal or individual use. You may not use the Services on behalf of any business, partnership, corporation, proprietorship or other entity. You may not resell or otherwise provide other persons with access to this Service using your password or user names.
2. Benefits of Joining
- The Service. We currently provide a personal financial management service that allows users to consolidate and manage their information on the web. With our services and Yodlee's proprietary technology, users may view, maintain and share information stored at various web sites. These tools and services are currently free of charge. We reserve the right to charge fees for these services in the future.
- Service Limitations. We will try very hard to make your experience with us a productive one. However, we cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties. These difficulties may result in loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. For this reason, you agree that our Services are provided "AS-IS", without warranties of any kind. We cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store any user data, communications, or personalization settings.
- Service Changes and Discontinuation. We reserve the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service at any time without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of the Service. We reserve the right to alter features, licensing terms, or other characteristics of any version of the Services that it releases.
- Privacy Notice We respect your privacy. The information you provide enables us to provide the Service to you. It also enables us to give you updates about the Service. Our Privacy Notice can be accessed through this link, so you should read it.
- Cancellation. You may cancel this Service at any time by sending a request for cancellation via our "Contact Us" form. Upon confirmation of your request, your account will be cancelled and all your account information will be deleted. Please keep in mind that extended periods of inactivity may also result in your account being canceled.
3. "Rules of the Road"
For the benefit and security of our users, and to comply with applicable laws, we have a few mandatory guidelines that we call "Rules of the Road". Any conduct that violates the Rules of the Road is grounds for termination of your account. For this reason, we ask that you carefully read and follow them.
A. Provide Accurate Information. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself and your accounts maintained at other web sites, as requested in our registration form and account setup forms and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your account registration information. Accurate records enable Us to provide the Service to you. You agree to keep your registration and account information up to date and accurate. Failure to provide accurate and complete information during registration may prohibit the use of the Service. This registration information may include your passwords and user names for the third party web sites. We will have access to this information and use this information for providing the Service and accessing web sites on your behalf.
B. Guard Your Password. You will choose a password when registering. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur using your password or account. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You may not use anyone else's password at any time.
C. Permission To Access Your Account Information. By registering for and using the Service, you authorize and permit Us to
undertake the following actions on your behalf: access third party web sites, to retrieve your account and billing information, use
information submitted by you to the Service (such as account passwords and users names) and to configure the Service so that it is
compatible with the third party web sites for which you submit your information.
In order to provide you with Service, We must collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from third party web sites and other Internet services that you register with the Service.
We may disclose your name, user name, and user passwords that you provided during registration to third party web sites, so that the Service can obtain the information you requested and display it to you on the Service. When you register for the Service, you authorize Us to disclose such information in order to provide the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that for the limited purposes described in these Terms, We shall be acting on your behalf and as your agent, and the acts undertaken by Us to provide you with the Service shall be deemed to be actions taken by you.
D. Third Party Sites. You understand that We have no relationship, affiliation or connection with any third party web sites, including the web sites, that are available for use with the Service. The Service is not endorsed or sponsored by the third party sites or any providers accessed in connection with the Service. You agree that We assume no responsibility and shall incur no liability with respect to the acts, omissions or determinations of the third party web sites accessed in connection with the Service.
E. Obey the Law. You agree not to use the Service for illegal purposes or for the transmission of material that is unlawful, harassing, libelous (untrue and damaging to others) invasive of another's privacy, abusive, threatening, or obscene, or that infringes the rights of others.
F. Restrictions on Commercial Use or Resale. Your right to use the Service is personal to you; therefore, you agree not to resell or make any commercial use of the Service.
G. Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that Yodlee and HSBC and/or our licensors or suppliers own all rights to this Website, the content displayed on the site and any intellectual or proprietary property and/or technology (in any form) made available to you as a part of or in conjunction with the Service. You are only permitted to use any the foregoing as expressly authorized by these Terms and otherwise by the Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from any content. If you access Zillow content, you agree that you will not use Zillow data for any other purpose than for your individual use. Further, you agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any technology associated with the Service, including but not limited to, any software applications or Java applets associated with the Service.
H. Categorization of Transactions, Accounts or Other Information. The categorization in the Service is an estimated categorization provided for your information only, and does not indicate accurate status of any transaction, account or other information. You agree that you will not rely on the categories provided in or set by you for any purpose, including without limitation, for tax deductions.
4. Rights You Grant to Us
- Account Access. In order to ensure that we are able to provide high quality Services that are responsive to your needs, you agree that our employees, third party service providers, auditors, attorneys and other agents may have access to your account records as reasonably needed to investigate complaints, comply with applicable laws and to service your account.
- Advertising. You agree that we may display advertisements and promotions of all kinds in and with the Services
- User Name and Password Privacy. Our employees do not have access to your third party site usernames and passwords. Furthermore, no employee will ever be able to view or retrieve your password, except with your explicit permission as part of customer service efforts.
5. Third Party Accounts.
By using the Service, you authorize Us to access third party sites designated by you, on your behalf, to retrieve information requested by you. You hereby authorize and permit Us to use information submitted by you to the Service (such as account passwords and users names) to accomplish the foregoing and to configure the Service so that it is compatible with the third party sites for which you submit your information. You hereby represent to us that you are a legal owner of the accounts and have the authority to designate us as your agent, use this Service and to give us your passwords, user names and all other information you provide. For all purposes hereof, you hereby grant Us a limited power of attorney, and you hereby appoint us as your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and re-substitution, for you and in your name, place and stead, in any and all capacities, to access third party sites, retrieve information, and use your information, all as described above, with the full power and authority to do and perform each and every act and thing requisite and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, as fully to all intents and purposes as you might or could do in person. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN WE ARE ACCESSING AND RETRIEVING INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES, WE ARE ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT THE AGENT OR ON BEHALF OF THE THIRD PARTY. You agree that our third party account providers shall be entitled to rely on the foregoing authorization, agency and power of attorney granted by you.
Except for those relationships, you understand that We have no relationship to, affiliation, or connection with any third party sites available for use with the Service. The Service is not endorsed or sponsored by any such account providers. You agree that We assume no responsibility and shall incur no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, or determinations of any such third party site.
You acknowledge and agree that We may not maintain the same level of security against unauthorized access to your account information as the third party sites from which you authorize Us to retrieve information on your behalf.
6. Online Privacy.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. The following information, in addition to our Privacy Notice, sets forth additional information regarding personal information that is collected through the Service.
Frequently Asked Questions and Specific Policy Applicable to the Service:
- What categories of Personal Information does the Service collect? We collect the following categories of personal information about you through the Service:
- Registration Information: When you register for the Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as an ID and password which you choose, an e-mail address, and security question and answer. Additional information may be required to utilize value-added features of the Service, such as Auto-Registration and Password Reset, or to access specific third party Internet services using the Service. This information may include your passwords and user names for the third party web sites and Internet services. We will use this information for providing the services and accessing the web sites you select on your behalf, so that we can present the requested information to you. It is your responsibility to retain your Service username, password and security question/answer to ensure continued access to the account you establish. If you cannot provide this information and are unable to access your account, we may not be able to assist you and you may have to generate a new Service account and re-establish other external accounts.
- Information on Your Use of the Service: As with most online businesses, we log information about your access and use of the web site, including (i) your transactions conducted on the web site, including through the use of Internet cookies (discussed below) (ii) the IP addresses from which you came to the site, and (iii) your communications with the Service and web site.
- Information From Third Party Web Sites: In order to display information to you through the Service, the Service must collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from third party web sites and Internet services that you register on the Service. For example, if you register your credit card account through the Service, the Service will collect the transactional and payment information regarding your credit card account to display it to you on the web site.
7. Other Important Legal Matters
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. HSBC, YODLEE AND THEIR LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY DATA FROM ANY THIRD PARTY OR FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN THE AVAILIABILITY OF ANY SERVICE, WHETHER THE RESULT OF ACTIONS BY US OR ANY THIRD PARTY. THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE SERVICE IS ENGLISH; THEREFORE, THE LIMITED PROVSION OF PARTS OF THE SERVICE IN SPANISH IS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE CONTENT OF THE SPANISH TRANSLATION PAGES. CATEGORIZATION WITHIN THE SERVICE IS AN ESTIMATION PROVIDED FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY FOR ANY USE, INCLUDING WITHTOUT LIMITATION, TAX DEDUCTION CATEGORIZATION. HSBC, YODLEE AND THEIR LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY PART OF THIS SECTION IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH ANY OTHER PART OF THESE TERMS, THEN THIS SECTION WILL CONTROL.
Third Party Products and Services. We remind you to be cautious when browsing on the Internet and to use good judgment and discretion when making purchases, obtaining information, or transmitting information. From this site, users may visit or be directed to sites containing information or material that may be offensive or inappropriate to some people. HSBC and Yodlee make no effort to review the content of these sites, nor is HSBC, Yodlee or its licensors responsible for the validity, legality, copyright compliance, or decency of the content contained in these sites. In addition, HSBC and Yodlee do not endorse or control the content of any other user and is not responsible or liable for any content, even though it could be unlawful, harassing, libelous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or that it infringes or may infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights of another. You acknowledge that HSBC and Yodlee do not pre-screen content, but that HSBC, Yodlee and their designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any content that is available via the Service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER HSBC, YODLEE, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ACCOUNT PROVIDERS OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARMS, WHICH LAWYERS AND COURTS OFTEN CALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF YODLEE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE YODLEE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF GETTING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PRODUCTS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANYONE ON THE SERVICE; (v) THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED USE, PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT PROVIDER SITE, EVEN IF THE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED PREVIOUSLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (vi) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
Indemnification. You agree to protect and fully compensate HSBC, Yodlee and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, suppliers and service providers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys fees) caused by or arising from your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
Children's Information. We respect the privacy of your children and We comply with the practices established under the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act. Neither HSBC nor Yodlee knowingly collects or retains personally identifiable information from consumers under the age of thirteen on this web site.
Potential Risks. While you may decide to register for this Service, We want you to know some potential risks. Registering for the Service will require that you provide authentication information for your various on-line services Although every precaution has been taken to offer the Service using state-of-the-art security measures, there is a risk of unauthorized access to your personal information if you fail to exercise adequate controls over your login information. Your registration for the Service acknowledges that this risk exists and that neither HSBC nor Yodlee is liable to you for any harm or damage that may occur.
Yodlee and HSBC. You agree that Yodlee and HSBC are not jointly and severally liable under this Agreement, which means that Yodlee is solely liable for its obligations related to this Service and HSBC is solely liable for its obligations related to this Service. At no time will Yodlee or HSBC be responsible for the acts, obligations and/or liabilities of the other.
Other. These Terms cannot be changed or any of our rights waived unless we agree in writing or you continue using the Service following receipt of notice of any changes proposed by us. These Terms are personal to you and you may not assign it to anyone. All notices to you shall be in writing and shall be made either via e-mail or conventional mail, at our discretion. We may broadcast, link to and/or post notices or messages through the Service to inform you of changes to the Terms, the Service, or other matters of importance; such broadcasts shall constitute notice to you. All notices to HSBC must be made in writing at our address below. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. The laws of the State of New York govern the interpretation and performance of these Terms. These Terms are the entire understanding between you and HSBC about the Service, and these Terms supersede any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and HSBC relating to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms, as the same may be amended from time to time, will prevail over any subsequent oral communications between you and HSBC.
Contact information for HSBC Bank USA, N.A.:
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
P.O. Box 2013
Buffalo, NY 14240-8959
Contact EasyView Customer Service