Public Banking Solutions
THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIP MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Local expertise and global resources to help manage the changing and
complex needs of public banking.
Find out more
At HSBC, we understand the needs of states, local municipalities and public entities in our communities. So we have developed a comprehensive package of public banking solutions - from specialized deposit products and online banking to complete cash management services and employee banking benefits for:
- States, State Agencies
- Fire Districts
- Public School Districts
- Public Libraries
- Local Municipalities
- Other Public Entities
HSBC has an extensive local branch network and our dedicated Government Banking Officers live and work right in your neighborhood. We have in-depth understanding and a deep commitment to your local community and can provide individualized service, based on your specific needs.
Your Government Banking Officer will be your advocate within the bank, working closely with you and our product teams to provide customized financial solutions and personal attention in addressing your needs.
We offer a full range of deposit solutions that provide the right mix of safety, liquidity and a competitive rate of return. For your protection, all balances in these accounts that are in excess of FDIC insurance coverage are collateralized as required by state municipal banking regulations.
Designed for municipal and state government entities, this account earns a competitive interest rate on your checking balances and centralizes transactions and investments in one place.
MuniRate Money Market Account
Like our MuniRate Checking, this account is designed for municipal and state government entities to provide market rates for your short-term cash while allowing you to maintain a high degree of liquidity. We offer attractive tiered balance rates that provide you with the flexibility to earn competitive yields on your idle cash balances.
With Analyzed Checking, you pay only for the services you use, and your available balances generate earnings credits that may offset some or most of the fees associated with the account
Public Funds Certificates of Deposit (CD's)
CD's are ideal for investing surplus funds of $100,000 or more. Your funds have FDIC insurance up to applicable limits and are collateralized as required by municipal banking regulations. We offer a flexible choice of terms to suit your specific needs and competitive interest rates, based on maturities starting at seven days.
Find out more
Online Banking Services
We offer secure, confidential online banking solutions that save you time and money. You can view real-time account information, initiate wire transfers, transfer funds and process stop payments. Additionally, you can take advantage of convenient reporting functions, check services, and secure message delivery.
Find out more
Cash Management Solutions
Managing your financial resources while meeting your objectives is a delicate balancing act - one that demands banking services that are reliable, accurate, and available on a timely basis. No matter the size of your organization, we can tailor solutions to suit your specific needs today - and help you plan for tomorrow.
Whether you want to improve the way you collect funds now or need to plan for the future, HSBC can put electronic banking and imaging technology to work for you today. Take advantage of flexible, responsible, strategic receivables management, including:
- Online receivables processing. Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of online initiation, data access and reporting of direct debit transactions.
- ACH receivables. Take advantage of next-day funds availability, faster returns notification, and simplified re-deposit of returned items - and at the same time, eliminate the costly mail float associated with processing paper checks.
- Electronic check capturing and submission. Make paper check deposits a thing of the past. Transition from paper-based to electronic receivables processing with our Remote Deposit Capture service, and accelerate funds availability by using a scanner and PC to send check images directly to HSBC.
HSBC's broad spectrum of payables solutions and value-added features can simplify your payment processes, mitigate risk, and give you more control over your working capital.
- Disbursements. Whether you choose to print and mail checks yourself or let HSBC handle them for you, you can take the uncertainty out of cash forecasting, maximize your daily cash position, and protect your company from check fraud losses with our Web-based tools for monitoring and managing disbursements.
- Accurate and efficient account reconciliation. Automate your reconciliation tasks and reduce your costs.
- Electronic-based payments. Make a variety of domestic and international ACH and US dollar wire payments quickly and easily to suppliers, employees, and others.
- Card Solutions. Reduce administrative, processing and distribution costs for payroll, travel, purchasing, and other expenses with HSBC credit card and reloadable Debit MasterCard® programs.
Find out more
Call to find out more
|Western New York, Niagara Districts||(716) 630-1526|
|Rochester District||(585) 238-7057|
|Central New York District||(315) 484-5615|
|Capital District, Mid Hudson Districts, NYC, NYS||(518) 432-2086|
|Westchester District||(914) 337-3728|
|Long Island Districts||(631) 752-4435|