Specialized banking services with a global reach
As a diplomat living and working in a foreign country, you have unique financial needs. HSBC is one of the few financial institutions with the ability to address them.
- Whether you are a U.S. diplomat serving abroad or a foreign consulate in the U.S., the HSBC International Banking Center and dedicated Washington, DC branch are available to assist you with your day-to-day financial needs as you transition to a new country
- Our experienced international account managers understand cultural nuances, and are trained to handle the complex financial tasks of international banking
- Our streamlined account opening process ensures that your account is functioning in the shortest possible time
- HSBC enables you to maintain accounts in multiple currencies
With over 9,700 HSBC offices across more than 75 countries and territories worldwide, you don’t have to switch banks every time you relocate.
For more information on HSBC’s specialized services for diplomats and other embassy staff, contact the HSBC International Banking Center:
- 1.877.850.4722 – Toll free in North America
- +1.716.841.7542 – Call collect worldwide
United States persons (including U.S. citizens and residents) are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts - including, for example, Form TD F 90-22.1 (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts ("FBAR")). U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.