Mortgage Information Check List | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Individual and family
Mortgage Information Check List
This is not an application for mortgage.
Click here* for information regarding mortgage loan products with Interest Only Options, Prepayment Penalties and Reduced Documentation.
What to Expect:
The mortgage form should take approximately 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Once you have submitted your form, one of our mortgage specialists will contact you within one business day to discuss your needs and help you select the mortgage that suits both your budget and lifestyle.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account.
What this means for you: If you open a personal account, we will ask for your name, address, taxpayer identification number, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. Additionally, we will take certain steps to verify your identity, such as asking for your driver's license or other identifying documents or checking other sources. Similar identification requirements apply to non-personal accounts such as corporations and partnerships. Be assured that we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and safeguarding the confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
What Information You'll Need:
To apply for an HSBC mortgage, please have the following information at hand:
- Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number
- Date of birth
- Mother's maiden name
- Address history for the past two years
- Current e-mail address
- Annual income and employment information
- Current month's paystub(s) for the borrower and co-borrower
- Last two year's
- Monthly costs you pay for current housing, including rent, mortgage(s), taxes, insurance and
- Last two year's tax returns with all schedules and YTD Profit and Loss Statement if you are self-employed or paid on commission, or if more than 25% of your monthly income comes from bonuses or overtime
- Last two month's full bank statements (not just summary pages) as well as any other asset accounts you wish us to consider
- The Deed, if you are refinancing
- The Sales Contract, if you are buying a property
- Outstanding liens, monthly insurance and tax amount, market value and income generated on any other property you may own, such as rental property
As part of the verification process, you may be asked to provide us with copies of the items listed above.
Once the application has been submitted, you may be asked to provide the following additional documents, if applicable:
- Canceled checks showing your mortgage payments over the last 12 months, OR your rent payments over the last 6 months
- If a Veteran, your VA Certificate of Eligibility, or DD214
What You Should Know:
- Fees associated with your application:
The application fee will be presented on the Fee Disclosure screen. Other fees associated with closing (or settlement of) your loan will be provided on a Good Faith Estimate which will be sent to you upon receipt of your application
- Once you have submitted your application, we will mail you disclosures and a paper application for signature within 3 business days. You will need to review, sign and return those documents to us to continue processing
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact us or call
Learn more about our site's security features, because securing your information is important to us.
* Viewing PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it online. After downloading the software, follow the instructions for installing the program. If you prefer, you can always download the files now and open them offline later.
Call our Customer Relationship Center
Mon - Fri (8am to 9pm ET)
Sat (8am to 5pm ET)
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|