Refinance Your Mortgage
We'll help you get the best rate and the service you deserve.
Ready to lower your rate? Or perhaps you are looking at remodeling or renovating your home. Maybe your child is ready to attend college and you want to use the equity in your home as a low-cost funding source.
Whatever the reason, we're here to help you make the process as easy as possible.
- Calculate your new payment with our rate calculator
- Amortize your current mortgage to get an estimate of the amount of principal you've paid and the equity you may have available
- Request a payoff figure through our Internet Banking site (if you currently use our service)
- Read about the Consumer Guide to Mortgage Refinancings *
There are two types of full documentation refinances that HSBC offers: Rate/Term Refinances and Cash Out Refinances.
- A Rate/Term Refinance allows you to pay off your existing mortgage and include the new closing costs in the new mortgage amount. This type of refinance program can be used to reduce your interest rate, loan term or both.
- A Cash Out Refinance allows you to turn the equity you have built up in your home into cash which you can use for a variety of purposes. Many of HSBC's programs allow for cash out.
If your existing FHA or VA loan has a higher than market interest rate, you may be eligible for "streamline" refinance program at HSBC. Streamline Refinances allow you to lower your interest rate and monthly payment while providing a minimal amount of documentation. (Cash out at closing is not allowed for any of these programs.)
VA refinance loans are not available in California.
* Viewing PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it online. After downloading the software, follow the instructions for installing the program. If you prefer, you can always download the files now and open them offline later.