Affordable Housing Alternatives
Owning a home is part of the American Dream.
Let HSBC help to make that dream come true.
The First Home Club *
Our First Home Club Program can provide grant funds of up to $7,500 towards the down payment and closing costs for qualified first-time home buyers. Participants in this special savings program earn $4 in matching funds for every $1 saved, which is a big help towards achieving the dream of home ownership. Available for residents of New York and New Jersey only.
If you're planning on purchasing a home in New York State and want to learn more about HSBCs First Home Club, click here for a complete application and more detailed information.1
Special Affordable Mortgage Product
HSBC's signature affordable mortgage product is CommunityWorks2, designed to complement grants and low-interest loans used for closing costs. This low interest rate mortgage program was created to accommodate borrowers with limited funds for down payment and closing costs. Borrowers may qualify for a special rate product by meeting certain income and other eligibility requirements or by purchasing a home in a low-to-moderate income census tract.
Here are some of the features of CommunityWorks:
- a below market, competitive interest rate
- a 3% down payment requirement for 1- and 2-unit properties
- a variety of acceptable funding sources for closing and down payment costs
- no payment reserve requirement for 1 unit properties
For more information about our mortgage products call: 1-800-62-APPLY (1-800-622-7759).
The First Home Club and the Affordable Housing Program is made available to HSBC as a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York.
1. Program may be subject to change. Withdrawals are not permitted unless they are related to the purchase of a home. Withdrawals not related to the purchase of a home may result in disqualification from receiving the grant.
2. CommunityWorks eligibility is subject to credit review and approval. Eligible properties must meet FannieMae guidelines. Condominiums may have additional loan to value (LTV) restrictions. Geographic restrictions apply.