Bank to Bank Transfers
Your online banking just got better! As a Personal Internet Banking customer, you now have access to HSBC's new Bank to Bank Transfers service.
Bank to Bank Transfers allow you to move your money between your HSBC accounts and those you own at other U.S. financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and brokerage accounts! The new service gives you:
- A convenient and seamless approach to transfer your money
- The ability to set up recurring transfers for extra peace of mind
- The ability to act quickly on special rates and offers
- A single point of access for all your online banking needs
- E-mail confirmations and alerts of your completed transfers
- More banking freedom! No phone calls, no lines, no waiting
- Easy access through Personal Internet Banking
- Peace of mind with our $0 Liability, Online Guarantee
When to use Bank to Bank Transfers
- Replenish or add to a higher-rate HSBC savings account
- Move money to your HSBC account to pay bills through Bill Pay
- Make deposits to your HSBC accounts from another institution
Eligible 'Bank to Bank Transfers' Account Types
- HSBC Checking and Savings accounts
- Checking and Savings accounts from other banks
- Checking and Savings accounts from credit unions
- Eligible investment and brokerage accounts from other institutions
Bank to Bank Transfers Limits
Using the Bank to Bank Transfers service online, you can transfer up to $350,000 daily into your HSBC account at one time. You can also transfer up to $350,000 daily out of your HSBC account, at one time through the service.
Please note: The transfer limits above apply only to transfers made online through the Bank to Bank Transfers service. HSBC reserves the right to apply a lower limit.
Bank to Bank Transfers fee
There are no transfer fees when you transfer funds via the Bank to Bank Transfer service.
Note: You can continue to use the 'Transfers' function within Personal Internet Banking to move money between your HSBC accounts and to make payments on your HSBC accounts, just as you do today.
How to get started using Bank to Bank Transfers
All Personal Internet Banking customers with a valid HSBC checking or savings account are eligible to use the Bank to Bank Transfers service.
- Simply log-in to Personal Internet Banking just as you do today.
- Select "Bank to Bank Transfers" from the menu.
- Follow the steps to Register for the service.
- When complete, you can begin to add eligible accounts for transferring funds. The service will store account information so it only needs to be entered once.
- Start enjoying the ability to transfer funds between all your accounts!
If you're NOT yet registered for Personal Internet Banking:
- Click Sign Up to register for the service today! Personal Internet Banking and Bill Pay are free services from HSBC.
- You can receive immediate access to Internet Banking (and your accounts!) if you register using your HSBC ATM, Debit, or HSBC credit card for authentication. During registration, be sure to say "Yes" to the free Bill Pay service so you can start paying your bills online.
- If you register using another type of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. account for authentication, you'll receive a confirmation in the mail first before you can begin to use the service.
- Once you have your Internet Banking Username and Password, simply log on and select "Bank to Bank Transfers" to enroll in the new service.
Our online security pledge
You can bank online with confidence because HSBC is committed to protecting your information. With strict security standards, HSBC uses the latest technology to prevent unauthorized access to your information. And your online transactions are guaranteed by our $0 Liability, Online Guarantee against online fraud. You're protected!
Help is always available
Help is available anytime if you have questions on Bank to Bank Transfers or your accounts. Please call our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-975-HSBC (1-800-975-4722). Representatives are available 24 hours a day, and will be happy to help you.