Press Room | HSBC
HSBC Adds Seven to Washington D.C. Premier Business Team
19 May 2010
Appointment of seven experienced bankers reinforces expanding Premier business in Washington D.C.
New York, NY - HSBC Bank USA, N.A. today confirmed the appointment of seven experienced bankers to reinforce its expanding Premier business in Washington D.C. Between them they offer over a century's worth of banking expertise across three continents.
Premier1 is HSBC's premium international financial management service, tailored to individual needs and providing globally minded customers with access to cross-border banking solutions in over 40 countries and territories. Recently released figures reveal U.S. Premier customer numbers approaching 400,000, an increase of some 38 percent year-on-year.
Aimee Daniels, Mid-Atlantic Regional President for HSBC Bank USA, N.A., said, "HSBC's global network and international expertise means that Premier is one area where we can add real value for our clients. These appointments will enhance the service we provide our Premier customers as we continue to grow this business."
The new appointments are:
- Kenneth Sparks will be working with the D.C. Premier team on business development, as well as strategic planning and marketing for different areas of the bank. Sparks was formerly CEO of the Federal City Council, an economic and community development non-profit organization that consulted on projects such as the development of the Verizon Center in Washington D.C.
- Carter Waddell is a Senior Premier Relationship Manager (PRM) focusing on assisting law firms and legal professionals operating in the Mid-Atlantic. Waddell has extensive international banking experience having been the General Manager for SunTrust's International Division, where his responsibilities covered Foreign Multinational Corporations, Global Treasury, Trade Finance and International Operations. Waddell also headed a foreign multinational banking unit for JPMorgan Chase Bank in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Robert Klingensmith recently joined as a Senior PRM, focusing on serving the needs of higher net worth individuals and their families. Klingensmith has over a decade of experience in asset management and private banking. He has previously served as a Managing Partner of an international private equity firm, worked as a Private Banker at Wachovia, and co-founded a Registered Investment Advisory practice.
- Ann Conger has joined as a Senior PRM, assisting health care companies and professionals operating in the Mid-Atlantic. Conger was formerly a client manager in Bank of America's Premier Banking and Investments group where she developed a large portfolio of high net worth individuals and professional firms. Conger began her career at what is now JPMorgan Chase in New York as a credit analyst and account officer on Fortune 500 companies.
- Amanda Gu is a Senior PRM focusing on assisting Premier clients. Previously she worked in the Group Management Office at HSBC Global Headquarters in London, providing internal advisory services for strategic development and promotion of the Group's international capabilities in China. Before joining HSBC, she served as an Associate Director for UBS Wealth Management in London.
- Shane Moore is a Senior PRM focusing on meeting the needs of Premier clients. Previously, Moore worked as a financial advisor with Cary Street Partners LLC, developing financial plans and managing portfolios for high net worth individuals and corporations in the Washington Metropolitan area. Prior to Cary Street Partners, Moore was a Financial Advisor with Legg Mason in Bethesda, MD.
- Loren Glaser has joined as Premier Acquisition Manager. Glaser joins from The Potomac Group where he was a Business Development Wholesaler focusing on the Mid-Atlantic Region. Prior to working with The Potomac Group, Glaser worked in Boston for John Hancock Financial Services.
Note to editors
About HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has more than 475 bank branches throughout the United States, with over 370 in New York State. The Bank also operates in Florida, California, Washington, D.C. Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Oregon, Washington, Maryland, Illinois, Connecticut and Virginia. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc., an indirectly-held, wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC North America Holdings Inc., one of the nation's leading bank holding companies by assets. Deposits in the United States are offered by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
- Neil Brazil
1 HSBC Premier is a premium financial management service offering a range of banking, investment and financing solutions. To qualify for HSBC Premier, you need to open a Premier Checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for personal Premier membership. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
HSBC Premier offers international recognition and support, international services, credit card rewards and protection around the world, and financial planning and wealth management through access to a Premier Relationship Manager. With Premier Centers in 42 countries and territories, HSBC Premier breaks down banking barriers allowing customers to seamlessly bank anywhere in the world.
Within the United States, HSBC Premier Centers can be found in Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Westport, CT., and White Plains, NY. In addition to Premier Relationship Managers in branches, there are over 250 Premier Centers worldwide. For more information visit: HSBCPREMIERUSA.com.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2015. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|