Press Room | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Advice and tools
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Advice and insight
Individual and family
HSBC Private Bank Adds Four to Bay Area Team
21 April 2011
New York, NY – HSBC Private Bank today announced the following leadership appointments to its Bay Area team:
- Richard Kuchen joins HSBC as a Senior Vice President Relationship Manager. Kuchen brings 10 years of private banking experience from his previous position as Wealth Advisor, Business Development and Relationship Manager at Wells Fargo. In his role with HSBC, he will work on new business acquisitions as well as in identifying new product and client solutions. Kuchen holds a Bachelor of Science from Rider University and has completed graduate work in business at Monmouth College and the University of Pittsburgh.
- Joshua Morgan recently joined HSBC Private Bank as a Vice President and Relationship Manager. His responsibilities include delivering tailored wealth management solutions to high-net-worth clients. Morgan's background includes private banking retention, hedge fund and private equity account management. Morgan holds a BSB in Finance from the University of Minnesota.
- Brendan Connaughton has recently joined HSBC Private Bank as a Senior Vice President and Senior Investment Specialist to the Strategies Group. In this role, he will be responsible for managing client relationships and developing tailored investment plans. Prior to this role, he was a Senior Portfolio Manager for US Bank's Bay Area Private Client Reserve. Connaughton is a Chartered Economist and Chartered Portfolio Manager with a BA from Benedictine College.
- Desmond Chin, a native of San Francisco, has recently rejoined HSBC Private Bank as a Senior Vice President. Prior to his current role, he served as Vice President, Private Banking Lending at BNY Mellon Wealth Management in New York City and at Wells Fargo in San Francisco. Chin has over 10 years of credit and lending experience, working with relationship managers to provide customized structured credit solutions tailored to the financing needs of high-net-worth individuals and families. Chin holds a BA in English at the University of California at Berkeley and has completed a certificate in Business Administration.
"California and the northwest region are strategic markets for HSBC Private Bank," said Patrick Campion, CEO of HSBC's US Private Bank. "These appointments bring to HSBC more than 70 years of combined wealth management experience in serving the complex and diverse needs of high-net-worth individuals, and we are pleased to add these highly qualified individuals to our expanding Bay Area team."
HSBC Private Bank provides wealth management and advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and families with local and international needs through 96 locations in some 42 countries and territories around the world. Our services include banking, liquidity management, investment services, custody, tailored lending, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, insurance, family wealth advisory and philanthropic advisory.
Notes to editors:
HSBC Private Bank
HSBC Private Bank is the marketing name for the private banking business conducted by the principal private banking subsidiaries of the HSBC Group worldwide. HSBC Private Bank and the private banking activities of HSBC Trinkaus as well as the HSBC Private Banking entities, known collectively as Global Private Banking, provide services to high-net-worth individuals and their families through 96 locations in some 43 countries and territories in Europe, the Americas, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa. Private Banking and Wealth Management Services in and from the United States are offered through HSBC Private Bank Americas, a division of HSBC Bank USA, NA, and HSBC Private Bank International in Miami.
Profits before tax were USD1.1 billion for the year ending 31 December 2010, and reported total client assets under management were USD499 billion. HSBC Private Bank draws on the strength of the HSBC Group, one of the world's largest banking and financial services organizations, providing a comprehensive range of financial services more than 100 million customers
For more information, visit www.hsbcprivatebank.com.
HSBC in California
Through its network of 35 branches located across the Greater Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego Metropolitan areas, HSBC Bank USA, NA offers a full range of banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, corporations and institutions. It leverages HSBC Group's international network to provide market-leading products and services to meet its clients' growing international needs.
- Juanita Gutierrez
- +1 212 525 6282
Have a question?
Call our Customer Relationship Center
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Automated banking available 24/7
Lost Stolen 24/7
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|