Asset allocation solutions for investing | HSBC
Asset allocation, the foundation for long-term investing
Asset allocation1 creates a consistent investment structure to help you stay focused on long-term goals through turbulent market cycles. In addition to helping maintain a portfolio that matches your appetite for risk, this strategy can help diversify your portfolio across asset classes and markets as well as support a consistent, disciplined approach to investing. We believe that employing proper asset allocation is the key to a long-term investment strategy, which is why we offer a variety of exclusive, customized asset allocation solutions.
An investment plan as unique as your needs
Qualified financial professionals2 from HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.3 can help you to develop a custom asset allocation strategy by taking the time to understand your risk tolerance, time horizon, financial goals, liquidity needs and other relevant factors. Our first priority is to follow an investment strategy with which you are comfortable. Start with scheduling a review by calling us at 866.586.4722 or by submitting an online request.
Asset allocation solutions to potentially enhance your portfolio
Because we place a strong emphasis on proper asset allocation, we're pleased to make a wide variety of HSBC asset allocation solutions available to our clients.
HSBC Spectrum4 provides flexibility for a wide variety of investment styles through an open architecture asset allocation program:
- Five asset allocation models. Models offer allocations to equity and fixed income mutual funds, money market funds and ETFs (exchange traded funds)
- Assistance from your Premier Wealth Advisor (PWA)/Premier Relationship Advisor (PRA) to evaluate allocation models that align with your tolerance for risk
- Periodic evaluation of client accounts against their selected target model to determine if rebalancing is recommended
- A minimum initial investment of $25,000
Form ADV Part 2 acts as a disclosure document for clients of the business and includes information such as advisory services offered, advisor's fee schedule, whether the investment advisor acts as a broker-dealer and transacts securities, disciplinary information, and conflicts of interest. This information should be read carefully and if you have any questions please reach out to your investment advisor representative.HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. Form ADV 2A*
HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. Form ADV Part 2A*
HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. Form ADV Part 2B*
Our Managed Portfolio Account5 offers a comprehensive, personalized, and highly-diversified solution for our clients with substantial assets:
- Guidance from a PWA/PRA, who will work with you to customize an investment portfolio using asset allocation techniques and relying upon the expertise of leading portfolio managers
- Access to carefully researched mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and ETFs (exchange traded funds) to develop the most appropriate asset allocation for you
- Ownership of the securities purchased for your account, which can help you manage the tax implications of your investments
- A long-term investment approach, with ongoing support through various market environments and the evolution of your financial goals
- A minimum investment of $250,000
HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. Form ADV 2A*
HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. Form ADV Part 2B Brochure Supplement for MPA Program*
HSBC World Selection Funds6 are asset allocation funds that are accessible for nearly any investor:
- Five strategically designed funds –Income Strategy, Conservative Strategy, Moderate Strategy, Balanced Strategy and Aggressive Strategy – aligned to separate risk profiles
- Allocation across bonds, domestic and international equities, alternative investments, and cash to help spread risk
- Regular monitoring to keep the portfolios up-to-date as market conditions change
- Minimum investment of only $1,000, as well as flexible automatic investing options.
World Selection Funds are sold by Prospectus. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. The prospectus, which contains this and other information, can be obtained by calling your HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. PWA/PRA. Read it carefully before you invest.
To learn more about HSBC asset allocation solutions, or to get started with a planning session, call us at 866.586.4722 or schedule a consultation online.
1 Asset allocation is a method of diversification that positions assets among major investment categories. This tool may be used in an effort to manage risk and enhance returns. However, it does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss. It also cannot eliminate the risk of fluctuating prices and uncertain returns.
2 HSBC Securities financial professional refers to Premier Wealth Advisors (PWA)/Premier Relationship Advisors (PRA) and Licensed Sales Professionals. PWA/PRA's provide a full suite of investment products that are available with HSBC based on individualized customer financial needs and objectives. Licensed Sales Professionals have access to more simplified product sets created to meet customers' key life-cycle needs, e.g., education, retirement, wealth transfers.
3 Investment and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. In California, HSI conducts insurance business as HSBC Securities Insurance Services. License #: OE67746. HSI is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Third party whole life, universal life and term life insurance products are offered through Insurance Agents of HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Products and services may vary by state and are not available in all states. California license #: OD36843.
|Investment, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
All decisions regarding the tax implications of your investment(s) should be made in connection with your independent tax advisor.
4 HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. serves as investment adviser for the HSBC Spectrum as well as the HSBC Funds, which may be among the underlying investments in the HSBC Spectrum. Certain HSBC Funds have affiliated and un-affiliated sub-advisors with HSBC, with an investment specialty that is appropriate for the asset class represented by that fund. Both HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. and the sub-advisors receive a fee for their investment services separate from the investment management fee charged for the HSBC Spectrum. Mutual funds outside of the HSBC Funds family are offered as options in the product and may be advised by investment managers affiliated or unaffiliated with HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc., who also receive a fee for their services.
5 HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. is the sponsor of the Managed Portfolio Account and the HSBC Spectrum.
6 HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. is the investment adviser for the HSBC World Selection Funds. Foreside Distribution Services, L.P., a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA"), serves as the distributor of the Funds' shares.
HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. serves as the investment adviser to the HSBC Funds. Foreside Distribution Services, L.P., member FINRA, is the distributor of the HSBC Funds and is not affiliated with the Advisor. HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC is a sub-distributor of the HSBC Funds. Affiliates of HSBC Global Asset Management (USA) Inc. receive fees for providing various services to the funds.
United States persons (including U.S. citizens and residents) are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts - including, for example, Form TD F 90-22.1 (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts ("FBAR")). U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.
* Viewing PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it online. After downloading the software, follow the instructions for installing the program. If you prefer, you can always download the files now and open them offline later.
If you are unable to access these PDF files, please call 800.662.3343, option 4, to obtain a copy. For more on HSBC accessibility, click here.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2015. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.