Moving from the U.S. | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Individual and family
- Ways to Bank
Home, office, on the go
Moving from the United States
Your big move can be easier with HSBC
If you're planning or considering a move outside of the U.S., or have a home abroad, your HSBC relationship can help you save time and effort. For HSBC Premier clients, many of these services are complimentary. We can help you to move your finances to over 60 countries and territories worldwide. Our International Banking Center will provide you with global financial relocation services including:
- An international needs review. We can examine all of your banking needs while you are living abroad, and help you plan, so you can be prepared in advance.
- Overseas account opening. We can assist you in opening your bank accounts before you leave the U.S., subject to local terms and conditions.1
- Checkbooks, bank cards, credit cards and PINs. If you give us enough notice we can have these materials sent to you before you change countries. Alternatively, you can receive them 10 business days, from account opening, after arriving in your new country as an HSBC Premier client, and 20 business days, from account opening, with another HSBC relationship.
- HSBC credit cards. Your new cards can have similar limits to those you currently hold with HSBC (subject to status, credit approval, local laws and terms and conditions).
- HSBC Credit history transfer. You can experience a seamless transfer of your eligible HSBC credit history to other HSBC offices in countries that the HSBC Group currently does business in.
Experience ongoing support
After you settle in to your new home, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Global View. HSBC Premier clients can monitor eligible HSBC accounts online with a single login2
- Global Transfers. HSBC Premier clients can transfer funds between eligible international HSBC deposit accounts via Personal Internet Banking with no fees2 for transfers from eligible U.S. HSBC deposit accounts
- Round-the-clock access. All HSBC clients can take advantage of 24-hour Personal Internet Banking
Visit our FAQs page to learn more.
1 International account opening is not available in all countries.
2 Global View and Global Transfers not available in all countries. Foreign currency exchange rates may apply. Global funds transfer fees may apply for customers if they are not Premier. Transfers from HSBC accounts from outisde the U.S. may be subject to transfer fees.
To qualify for HSBC Premier, you need to open a checking account and maintain US$100,000 (or equivalent in local currency) in combined personal deposit and/or investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of US$50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
United States persons (including U.S. citizens and residents) are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts including, for example, Form TD F 90-22.1 (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts ("FBAR")). U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Mortgage and Home Equity products in the U.S. are offered through HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are subject to underwriting approval.
Deposit products offered in the United States by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
International banking advice
Have a question?
Call us toll-free in North America at
Call collect worldwide at
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2016. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|