Pre-Approval | Home Buying Process | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Individual and family
- Ways to Bank
Home, office, on the go
- Home Loans
- Mortgage Tools
- Mortgage Advice
Pre-approval – What Does It Mean for You?
A mortgage pre-approval can help simplify your home-buying journey. By knowing how much you can afford, you can approach house hunting with confidence and save time by focusing on those properties within your budget.
During the pre-approval process, we will check your financial background to determine how much money you are qualified to borrow and the estimated interest rate you will pay. A pre-approval is free and without obligation.
A pre-approved HSBC mortgage offers many advantages:
- Feel secure knowing exactly how much you can afford to purchase
- Streamline your house hunting by only looking at houses that fit within your price range
- Gain additional leverage during negotiations with the seller when you have a pre-approved mortgage
- Save time when you find your dream home as most of the application documentation, such as confirmation of income and credit checks, will have already been completed
Here is a list of information we require for a pre-approved mortgage:
- Two Most Recent Years of W2 if applicable
- Two Most Recent Years of SIGNED Personal Federal Tax Returns, include all schedules if applicable
- Two Most Recent Years of SIGNED Business Federal Tax Returns, include all schedules if applicable
- Most Recent One Month of Pay Stubs if applicable
- Most Recent Two Months of Bank Statements with ALL Pages including Checking, Savings, Investment, and Retirement Accounts (any unusually large deposits must be documented and a written explanation be explained)
- Unexpired Gov't Issued ID/Permanent Resident Card/Copy of Passport with Valid Work Visa
- Copy of Rental Agreement or copy of current Mortgage Statement
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are only available for properties located in the U.S. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Get Started with your Pre-approvalRequest a consultation
or call us at
How much can I borrow?
Need assistance with your existing Mortgage?
Mon - Fri (8:30am to 8:30pm ET)
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2016. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We are here to help. For service in all other languages, call us today toll free at 800.975.4722. For collect calls outside the U.S., contact us at 716.841.7212.