Mortgage Document Checklist | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Individual and family
- Ways to Bank
Home, office, on the go
- Home Loans
- Mortgage Tools
- Mortgage Advice
What you need to apply for a mortgage
To ensure your mortgage application process goes smoothly, you will need to gather documentation such as a copy of your unexpired Government-issued ID. Below is also a checklist of documents that U.S citizens, permanent residents of the U.S. and individuals with a U.S. Work Visa will need for a mortgage application.
- Two Most Recent Years of W2 if applicable
- Two Most Recent Years of SIGNED Personal Federal Tax Returns, include all schedules if applicable.
- Two Most Recent Years of SIGNED Business Federal Tax Returns, include all schedules if applicable
- Most Recent One Month of Pay Stubs if applicable
- Most Recent Two Months of Bank Statements with ALL Pages including Checking, Savings, Investment, and Retirement Accounts (any unusually large deposits must be documented and written explanation be explained)
- Unexpired Gov't Issued ID/Permanent Resident Card/Copy of Passport with Valid Work Visa
- Contract of Sale for Purchase or Copy of your most recent Mortgage Statement for a Refinance
- Gift Letter, include Copy of Gift Check & 2 Months of Bank Statements from Donor. Bank statements must include All Pages and any unusually large deposits must be documented and a written explanation be provided.
Foreign National Customers:
HSBC customers who are not U.S. citizens or are not permanent residents of the U.S. may also apply for an HSBC mortgage. Download the full list of documentation required to process mortgages for foreign nationals.
- If you are an existing Premier client, please call 866.503.4722 OR call 866.731.4722 to speak with one of our mortgage consultants
- Request a callback
Need assistance with your existing Mortgage?
Mon - Fri (8:30am to 8:30pm ET)
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2016. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We are here to help. For service in all other languages, call us today toll free at 800.975.4722. For collect calls outside the U.S., contact us at 716.841.7212.