Buying a home in U.S. - Preferred Mortgage Rates | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Advice and tools
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Advice and insight
Individual and family
An HSBC Mortgage offers valuable benefits for international buyers
Choose the mortgage program that best meets your needs
See how financing may make sense even if you have the money to fully pay for a home
Learn how you can borrow against your home's available equity
HSBC has a number of mortgage options for international buyers who have qualifying visas:
- Fixed-rate mortgages that offer the stability of regular monthly payments over a given length of time, or term
- Adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) programs that offer the flexibility of an initial interest rate and payment lower than a standard fixed-rate mortgage
Exclusive mortgage programs for HSBC Premier1 clients include:
- Preferred pricing2 on fixed and adjustable mortgages in the United States
- HSBC Premier Deluxe mortgages that offer up to $3 million in financing and closing cost credits
Benefits of financing
While you may have the money to purchase a home out right, there are benefits to carrying a mortgage. We've listed two of those benefits here, but you should meet with an HSBC Mortgage Consultant to discuss your options so you can decide what works best for you.
- If you buy a house for cash, your purchasing power is limited to the amount of money you have. When you take out a mortgage, you can use your current assets to help expand your options when it comes to buying a new home.
- Long-term interest rates can make borrowing an attractive alternative. And as an HSBC Premier client, you'll have access to our preferred rates2 on Premier Deluxe Mortgages.
Cash Out Refinancing
If you have purchased a home in cash, an HSBC Cash Out Refinance allows you to borrow against the equity in your home and get cash out. Keep in mind that you have this loan in place within 6 months of closing on your home. Ask an HSBC Mortgage Consultant for complete details.
Talk to us about Cash Out Refinancing
1 To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for a personal Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50.00 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained. Premier customers need combined personal deposit and investment balances of at least $100,000 USD or equivalent at HSBC (in the U.S. or home country) to be eligible for Premier Deluxe Mortgages. To be eligible for Premier Deluxe Mortgages, the Premier account must be funded before the closing of the mortgage.
2 Discounts and loan amount depend on specific program and may require certain Premier balances, reserves, equity and automatic payment from a Premier Checking account.
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts.
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Deposit products offered in the U.S. through HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|