Mortgage amortization schedule | HSBC
See how your mortgage payments are applied
An amortization schedule is a way to see exactly how your mortgage principal and interest payments are applied over the life of your loan.
You can also see how principal curtailments (extra payments you may make periodically, over and above your normal payment) can dramatically lower the amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan. Using our amortization spreadsheet, you can change curtailment amounts to adjust the impacts of those extra payments.
If you are a registered Personal Internet Banking customer, you can log on to your account and view your amortization schedule.
Begin using the amortization spreadsheet
- Download the spreadsheet.
- Use your most recent Monthly Mortgage Statement to get your loan amount and interest rate, or locate the information on Internet Banking. You can also go to our rate calculator to approximate your payment terms.
- Key in the loan amount.
- Key in the loan interest rate.
- Key in the total number of monthly loan payments (not the number you may have left) over the number of loan payments shown in blue.
- Key in the monthly loan payment (principal and interest only) over the monthly payment shown in blue.
- Under the word MONTH, key in the number of the month that the first payment was or will be due.
- Under the word DAY, key in the date that the first payment was or will be due. That's usually the first day of each month for mortgages.
- Under the word YEAR, key in the full four-digit year that the first payment was or will be due.
- Press the F9 key to calculate your results. This will give you the application of payments throughout your term (for example, 15, 20 or 30 years).
Accelerated Payments Column
In the accelerated payments column, you can enter a fixed additional amount or place additional principal payments in designated months to see how they will shorten your mortgage term.
For example, to make an extra $1,000 payment each May after you receive your income tax refund, enter $1,000 wherever you see the month of May in column "A". You can do this for every year during your loan term, or you can put it in just the first few years to try it. When finished, press the F9 key again to calculate the new payments. If you scroll down the sheet, you can see how making just a few extra payments will shorten your loan. In fact, adding a $20.00 payment every month will shorten your term considerably.
If you have any questions about your HSBC mortgage, please call 800.338.4626. If you are an HSBC Premier client, please call 888.662.4722. We're here for you.
Mortgage and home equity products offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A..Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at anytime and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We're here to help. For service in any other languages, call us today toll-free at 800.975.4722. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call us collect at 716.841.7212.
We're happy you have come back to complete your Online HSBC account application.
If you've started to fill out an online application for a deposit account and saved it, simply click the Retrieve an existing application link and be prepared to provide the following information:
First Name and Last Name
Social Security Number
Date of Birth
Your application will be made available for completion.
If you did not save your online application, you'll need to reapply for the product you are interested in. Simply return to the product page on the Public website that you were interested in and click the apply now button.
Thank you for your interest in HSBC. We look forward to helping you reach your financial goals.