Refinancing Benefits | Mortgages | HSBC
Reasons to Refinance
If you are looking to refinance your mortgage, HSBC can help you determine your needs and choose the right loan for you. Here you'll find information to help you decide if refinancing your mortgage is right for you.
Here are a few reasons why refinancing could be right for you.
If you are interested in lowering your monthly mortgage payments, either because you have additional expenses or you foresee a reduction in household income, refinancing may lower your mortgage rate or extend your mortgage term, or both.
If you currently have an Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) and your payments are expected to increase due to an expected mortgage rate increase or you would like to benefit from the convenience of a guaranteed fixed payment amount for your loan term, refinancing may be a good option for you.
If you want to turn the equity you have built in your home into cash for additional expenses like home improvement, medical expenses or other financial needs, refinancing would be a great option for you.
If you choose to refinance, you should be aware of a few things.
- Refinancing incurs additional closing costs that you should weigh against the benefits of refinancing.
- Refinancing could increase your loan term meaning you end up paying more in interest expenses over the life of the loan.
A good time to consider refinancing your mortgage is during a period of falling mortgage rates or if your home has seen a dramatic rise in market value. However, in all circumstances, the benefits of refinancing should be weighed against the costs.
This can be a great time to refinance your home. If you decide to refinance, you may reduce your total loan interest cost over time in two ways:
- Keep your current repayment term and lower your monthly payments
- Maintain your current monthly payments and shorten your repayment term
If you want to take advantage of an increase in your home's value, refinancing can help you access the equity in your home to help pay off high-interest debt (credit cards or other types of loans), or pay for big purchases, like a home renovation or your child's college tuition.
The two types of Refinancing programs we offer at HSBC are Full Documentation Refinance Programs and Streamline Refinance Programs.
This program is available in two forms:
- Rate/Term Refinance: Choosing this type of refinance program may give you the option of reducing your interest rate, loan term or both. Rate/Term Refinance allows you to pay off your existing mortgage and include the new closing costs in the new mortgage amount.
- Cash Out Refinance: Turn the equity in your home into cash that you can apply to a variety of purposes. Many programs also offer the option of cash out.
Streamline Refinances allow you to lower your interest rate and monthly payment while requiring a minimal amount of documentation. If your existing loan has a higher-than-market interest rate, you may be eligible for our "streamline" refinance program.
NOTE: Streamline Refinance programs do not allow cash out at closing.
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at anytime and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
* Viewing PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it online. After downloading the software, follow the instructions for installing the program. If you prefer, you can always download the files now and open them offline later.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We're here to help. For service in any other languages, call us today toll-free at 800.975.4722. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call us collect at 716.841.7212.
We're happy you have come back to complete your Online HSBC account application.
If you've started to fill out an online application for a deposit account and saved it, simply click the Retrieve an existing application link and be prepared to provide the following information:
First Name and Last Name
Social Security Number
Date of Birth
Your application will be made available for completion.
If you did not save your online application, you'll need to reapply for the product you are interested in. Simply return to the product page on the Public website that you were interested in and click the apply now button.
Thank you for your interest in HSBC. We look forward to helping you reach your financial goals.