Special mortgage programs details | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Advice and tools
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Advice and insight
Individual and family
Special assistance for first-time buyers, veterans and more
HSBC special mortgage programs
Whether you're looking for your first home or you're interested in a mortgage with a low down payment, HSBC may have a program to fit your needs.
Affordable housing mortgages
You can achieve your dream of home ownership with HSBC. Our CommunityWorks Mortgage Program is ideal for first time homebuyers with low to moderate incomes.
With an HSBC CommunityWorks Mortgage, you can choose:
- 30-year term*
- Down payment requirements as low as 3%*
- Flexible underwriting guidelines
- Allowance for closing cost assistance
- Accommodation of eligible assistance such as grants and subsidies
To learn more about CommunityWorks, call 866.731.4722.
VA and FHA Loans
HSBC is an approved government-sponsored lender and offers Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Mortgages.
If you're a home buyer looking for an affordable path to homeownership, or a qualified veteran or surviving unmarried spouse of a qualified veteran, a government-sponsored mortgage loan from HSBC may be the perfect home-financing fit for you. We even offer streamline refinance programs for borrowers interested in refinancing their existing mortgage.
- FHA loans are available in the District of Columbia and all states except Alaska and Hawaii
- FHA streamline refinancing is available in the District of Columbia and all states except Alaska and Hawaii
- VA loans are available in the District of Columbia and all states except Alaska and Hawaii
The VA loan program is sponsored by the U.S. government's Department of Veteran's Affairs. These loans are provided to credit-worthy individuals who have given military service to the United States and have been honorably discharged, or to those who currently serve in one of the branches of the military.
You may be eligible for this loan if you are/were:
- An honorably discharged veteran
- An active duty service member
- An un-remarried surviving spouse of a military service member
- A Reservist, or
- A National Guardsperson
Here are a few quick facts about VA Loans:
- 0% down payment available*
- Gifted funds may be used to pay for closing costs
- Maximum loan amount: $417,000 or the geographic VA maximum mortgage limit
- Not available in Alaska and Hawaii
FHA loans are government-insured loans through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, also called HUD. These loans provide an excellent start for first-time homebuyers, offering options such as a low down payment or a low closing cost option.
Here are a few quick facts about FHA loans:
- Low down payment is required
- Your own personal savings are not required to pay down payment or closing costs. Gift funds may be used instead
- You can buy an existing home, or build a new one
- Not available in Alaska and Hawaii
Are you ready to get started with a VA or FHA loan? Call our mortgage consultants at 866.731.4722.View payment examples *
* Viewing PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it online. After downloading the software, follow the instructions for installing the program. If you prefer, you can always download the files now and open them offline later.
Mortgage and home equity products offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at anytime and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Call our Customer Relationship Center
Mon - Fri (8:30am to 8:30pm ET)
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|