Wire Transfers | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Advice and tools
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Advice and insight
Individual and family
Personal Internet Banking
Send funds fast, across the street or across the globe, with HSBC Wire Transfer
Send funds conveniently
Wire Transfers are a quick and convenient way to send funds from your eligible U.S. HSBC deposit accounts1 to another person, business or financial institution in the U.S. or internationally through Personal Internet Banking.
HSBC Personal Internet Banking customers can initiate a wire transfer requests by following the steps below:
- Log on to Personal Internet Banking
- Select "Wire Transfers" from the menu.
- Complete the online wire transfer request form2
What you need to know
- To send a Wire Transfer, you will need to know the recipient's banking information. This will include the recipient's full name, address, phone number and bank account number. You will also need the recipient's bank ABA Routing Number, CHIPS ABA Number or SWIFT Number and the bank's name and full address.
- A service fee3 is charged for each outgoing Wire Transfer.
- Wire Transfer requests submitted before 3:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) on a business day will be processed the same day. Wire Transfer requests to domestic banks can be completed online at any time, however, those completed after 3:00 PM ET on business days will be automatically re-dated to the next business day. Wire Transfer requests to banks in other countries can only be completed between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM ET on business days. International Wire Transfers can be cancelled for up to 30 minutes after the request has been completed with no penalty.
- The following account types are not eligible for online Wire Transfers:
- Online Payment Accounts
- CDs that are not mature
To learn about Personal Internet Banking or register for the service, click here.
To learn more, visit our Personal Internet Banking FAQs page.
For a full list of Wire Transfer disclosures and limitations click here.
To sign up for Personal Internet Banking click here.
1 The following account types are not eligible for online Wire Transfers: Online Payment Accounts and CDs that are not mature.
2 The request form will be your instruction to the Bank to transfer funds from your account and constitutes a Payment Order as defined by Section 4A-103 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Unlike payments initiated through the Bank's Internet Bill Pay service, these Payment Orders are not afforded the protections of HSBC's $0 Liability Guarantee and are not subject to the error resolution procedures provided in the Bank's electronic banking services disclosure or under Regulation E. By submitting this form, you are rejecting the Level One Security Procedures offered by the Bank and choosing the Level Two Security Procedures described in the FUNDS TRANSFERS section of the Bank's Rules for Deposit Accounts, which you acknowledge are commercially reasonable pursuant to Section 4A-202(c) of the Uniform Commercial Code.
3 A $30 service fee is charged for each outgoing Wire Transfer initiated from HSBC Advance and HSBC Premier accounts. There is a service fee of $35 for each outgoing Wire Transfer initiated from Choice Checking, Basic Banking and HSBC Everyday Savings accounts.
United States persons (including U.S. citizens and residents) are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts - including, for example, Form TD F 90-22.1 (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts ("FBAR")). U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.
Internet Banking advice
Have a question?
Call our Customer Relationship Center
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Automated banking available 24/7
Lost Stolen 24/7
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|