Online Guarantee FAQs | HSBC
Accounts and cards
Advice and tools
Loans and mortgages
- Investing and retiring
Insight and opportunity
Advice and insight
Individual and family
Personal Internet Banking
Online Guarantee FAQs
What is HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee?
Through the $0 Liability, Online Guarantee, we pledge that you will not be liable for any unauthorized online bill payments and funds transfers on HSBC accounts made through Personal Internet Banking or unauthorized online use of your HSBC credit card.
The following are not covered under HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee:
- Business or commercial accounts, accounts at other financial institutions or accounts not covered by the Federal Regulation E requirement.
- Customer does not inform HSBC of the fraudulent use of their online accounts within 60 days after the statement date on the account in question.
- Failure to report a lost or stolen Password or PIN within two business days (customer could be responsible for up to $500 from date of loss to date of reporting loss).
- Assumes customer account safeguarding, personal firewalls and online security diligence outlined in the HSBC Security & Fraud Center.
- Assumes customers do not share Passwords leading to unauthorized access to account data or funds.
Who is eligible for the $0 Liability, Online Guarantee?
All HSBC Personal Internet Banking customers1 with an HSBC personal checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit (CD), or credit card account are protected under the online guarantee, at no cost to them.
What should I do if I become a victim of online theft or fraud?
As soon as you learn of the theft or unauthorized transaction on your accounts, contact our Customer Relationship Center immediately at 800.975.4722.
TTY: 800.898.5999, Mon - Fri (6am to 10:30pm ET), Sat & Sun (7am to 10:30pm ET).
What practices can I adopt to help keep my online information safe?
At HSBC, the security of your information is paramount. Our systems and security procedures are designed to keep your personal and financial data confidential at all times. You also have a significant role to play and should adopt the practices outlined in HSBC's Security & Fraud Center to help keep your personal and financial information protected from unauthorized use. Please visit our HSBC Security & Fraud Center to learn more.
1 All HSBC Personal Internet Banking customers with an HSBC personal checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit (CD) or credit card account are automatically covered. HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee is applicable to customer transactions covered by Federal Regulation E. The guarantee does not cover business and commercial accounts or accounts that are not covered under Regulation E. The $0 Liability, Online Guarantee assumes notice of fraudulent activity on eligible accounts is provided to HSBC within 60 days, and timely notice on card accounts. Assumes customer account safeguarding, personal firewalls and online security diligence outlined in HSBC's Security & Fraud Center.
Internet Banking advice
Have a question?
Call our Customer Relationship Center
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Automated banking available 24/7
Lost Stolen 24/7
Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00am ET
Investing and retiring††
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|