With PLUS BANKING, you get a relationship checking account with outstanding features to help you make the most of your money.
PLUS BANKING Features
- Free Internet Banking, online Bill Pay and eStatements services
- No monthly maintenance fees when you maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 or more* in qualifying HSBC accounts
- Earn a competitive interest rate on an HSBC Premium Money Market Plus Savings Account** with no monthly maintenance fee
- HSBC Debit MasterCard® with no service or transaction fees on purchases†
- No fees at HSBC ATMs when you access your PLUS account and monthly rebates of up to three non-HSBC ATM third-party surcharge fees for transactions completed outside NY state***
- Periodic CD bonus rates****
- Home Equity discounts††
- Complimentary financial review
PLUS BANKING Extras
- Free orders of selected styles of paper checks
- Optional overdraft protection
- 50% discount on HBSC International Services
Make the most of your money - apply for PLUS BANKING relationship today!
* To avoid a monthly $15 maintenance fee for Plus Checking, you need to maintain $15,000 in total combined balances including personal deposit, investment, and qualifying credit balances. Business owners may use their commercial deposit and investment balances to qualify for a personal PLUS BANKING relationship.
** Opening and maintaining a Premium Money Market Plus Savings account is dependent upon having a Relationship Checking account product.
*** Available only on U.S. non-HSBC ATM transactions (except in New York State) initiated from Plus Checking. HSBC will rebate up to three qualifying ATM third party surcharge fees incurred based on transaction date order during the calendar month. The rebate will be credited to the account on the first business day of the following calendar month.
**** If available, applies to initial term of qualifying new HSBC CDs under $100,000.
† Foreign transaction fess may apply.
†† Discounted rates on Home Equity products are subject to credit-approval and requires automatic payment from an HSBC checking account.
Personal Loan discount requires a Relationship Checking Account and is subject to credit approval. Requires automatic payment withdrawal from your Plus Checking account. Subject to underwriting approval. Discounts subject to change or cancellation at any time and cannot be combined with any offer or discount. Discounts not available on loans obtained through dealers, brokers and other third parties or on introductory rates.
Personal Internet Banking Features
- View your account balances, transactions and track your purchases made.
- Pay bills to virtually anyone in the US with free online Bill Pay -- which comes with our online, on-time guarantee!*
- Transfer funds between your HSBC accounts and those you hold at other banks and credit unions through the Bank to Bank Transfers feature.
- View copies of your posted check images.
- View your checking and savings statements online through eStatements.
It's easy to start banking online -- simply add Personal Internet Banking when you apply for your PLUS BANKING relationship. Bank online with confidence -- Personal Internet Banking is backed by our $0 Liability, Online Guarantee** against unauthorized use.
* Under the Bill Pay 'on time' guarantee, HSBC will bear the responsibility for any late-payment-related charges should an online bill payment arrive after its due date as long as you scheduled the transaction in accordance with the HSBC Personal Internet Banking Terms and Conditions. This guarantee does not apply to business customers using Bill Pay.
** All HSBC Personal Internet Banking customers with an HSBC personal checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit (CD) or credit card account are automatically covered. HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee is applicable to customer transactions covered by Federal Regulation E. The guarantee does not cover business and commercial accounts or accounts that are not covered under Regulation E. The $0 Liability, Online Guarantee assumes notice of fraudulent activity on eligible accounts is provided to HSBC within 60 days, and timely notice on card accounts. Assumes customer account safeguarding, personal firewalls and online security diligence outlined in HSBC's Security Site.