Get on the road faster with a short-term, high-yield Certificate of Deposit from HSBC.
Earn 1.30% APY with our promotional 5-month CD. Offer applies to new and existing HSBC consumer checking customers who open a 5-month CD with New Money. Limited time only.
Visit a branch to take advantage of this offer.
Find a branch
CD Interest Calculator
Learn about the earnings potential of an HSBC
5-month Certificate of Deposit
Find the right checking account for you
Offer terms and conditions:
This offer requires each of the elements to be met:
- An HSBC Premier, Advance, Choice Checking or Basic Banking checking account is required to open the promotional 5-month CD. This CD is offered from January 17, 2017, through April 28, 2017 with the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY); a penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal; and the minimum deposit to open and obtain the APY is $1,000.
- HSBC Premier, Advance, and Choice Checking are relationship products requiring a checking account. Monthly maintenance fee will be incurred if minimum requirements are not maintained for your account relationship. Premier relationship requires the maintenance of $100,000 in U.S. personal deposit and investment balances to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $50. Advance relationship requires the maintenance of $10,000 in U.S. personal deposit and investment balances or $5,000 with direct deposit to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $25. Choice Checking relationship requires the maintenance of $1,500 in U.S. personal deposit and investment balances or direct deposit to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $15. Basic Banking will incur a $3 monthly fee with no minimum balance requirement.
- Offer available only through HSBC branches.
- New Money is defined as deposits or investments not previously held by any member of the HSBC Group in the U.S.
- If your HSBC checking account is closed within 180 days of its opening, that account may be subject to a $25 account closure fee.
- HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer in its sole discretion.
1 To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for a personal Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
2 International account opening is not available in all countries and is subject to approval based on local regulations and policies of country or application.
3 Portable HSBC credit history is not available in all countries. Speak with an HSBC Representative to determine in which countries this benefits is available.
4 To qualify for an HSBC Advance relationship, you need to open an HSBC Advance checking account and maintain combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances of at least $10,000 OR at least $5,000 with a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per monthly cycle. Business owners may use their HSBC commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Advance relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $25 will be incurred if minimum balance or minimum balance with direct deposit requirement is not met.
5 If direct deposit ceases, a $15 monthly maintenance fee will apply if balance requirements are not met. Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments made into your Choice Checking account through 3rd parties at least once per statement cycle. To avoid a monthly $15 maintenance fee for Choice Checking, you need to maintain direct deposit or $1,500 in total combined personal deposit and investment balances.
6 $3 per month, up to 8 checks or withdrawals per month at no charge then $.35 per check.
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax advisor for more information.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
- About HSBC
- Terms & Conditions
- Site Map
- HSBC Accessibility
- HSBC Group
- © HSBC Bank USA, N.A. 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Equal Housing Lender.
|†† Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:|
|ARE NOT A BANK DEPOSIT OR OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES||MAY LOSE VALUE|
Estamos aquí para servirle. Si necesita ayuda en español o inglés, comuníquese con nosotros sin costo alguno al número 888.433.4722. Para llamadas por cobrar fuera de Estados Unidos, comuníquese al número 716.841.4288.
我們隨時為您提供協助。需要廣東話或英語服務，請撥 800.711.8001（北美洲境內免費長途電話）或 716.841.6989（美國以外地區可採用對方付費方式致電）。
我们随时为您提供帮助。需要普通话或英语服务，请拨 800.711.8001（北美洲境内免费长途电话）或 716.841.6989（美国以外地区可采用对方付费方式致电）。
We're here to help. For service in any other languages, call us today toll-free at 800.975.4722. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call us collect at 716.841.7212.
We're happy you have come back to complete your Online HSBC account application.
If you've started to fill out an online application for a deposit account and saved it, simply click the Retrieve an existing application link and be prepared to provide the following information:
First Name and Last Name
Social Security Number
Date of Birth
Your application will be made available for completion.
If you did not save your online application, you'll need to reapply for the product you are interested in. Simply return to the product page on the Public website that you were interested in and click the apply now button.
Thank you for your interest in HSBC. We look forward to helping you reach your financial goals.