Offer ending soon!
Get a $200 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Choice Checking1 account with qualifying activities.
This offer is available only online for applications completed using the Apply now button on this webpage. Applications submitted through other pages on our website will not qualify for this offer.
✔ Open your new HSBC Choice Checking account online, using this webpage, by June 2, 2019; and
✔ Deposit a minimum Qualifying Balance2 of $1,500 or more in New Money3 in combined checking and savings accounts within 30 calendar days of account opening4; and
✔ Maintain at least the minimum Qualifying Balance for 90 calendar days from the date you deposited the minimum Qualifying Balance.
You will automatically receive the $200 Welcome Deposit in your new HSBC Choice Checking account approximately eight weeks after completing all qualifying activities. It's that simple.
What you need to apply online
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
- Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
- Account information for funding your new account
Reasons the Choice is HSBC
- Save on monthly maintenance fees with direct deposit or by maintaining a monthly balance of at least $1,500 in combined personal deposit and investment balances1
- Free HSBC Debit Mastercard® card
- Access to HSBC ATMs worldwide5, most with no withdrawal fees
- Free online and mobile banking6
- Access to advice from experts at HSBC
Online and Mobile Banking6
- Manage your money 24/7 from your mobile device or computer
- Move money easily between your eligible HSBC and non-HSBC deposit accounts
- Pay bills securely and for free, with an on-time guarantee7
- Deposit checks with the tap of your phone8
- Access planners, calculators, and budget advice to help you build your financial goals
Personal Line of Credit
- Select Credit9 is a personal line of credit that allows you to borrow money as you need it, up to your available credit limit, at a competitively low APR
Offer Terms and Conditions: This offer is available only online for applications completed using the Apply now button on this webpage. You must be at least 18 years of age, have a Social Security Number, currently have a U.S. residential address and have had U.S. residency for the past three years to apply for a deposit account online. Customers who held an HSBC consumer deposit or investment account from March 29, 2016 through and including March 29, 2019 are not eligible for this offer. All qualifying activities must be completed within the stated time frames in order to be eligible for the Welcome Deposit.
HSBC Choice Checking $200 Welcome Deposit: For this offer, New Money3 is required. HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at its sole discretion. For purposes of determining whether you have maintained the Qualifying Balance for the Welcome Deposit, a New Money average balance will be calculated by averaging the end of day balances of each Business Day throughout the total offer period.
Your HSBC Choice Checking account must be open and in good standing at time of gift fulfillment. Limit one Welcome Deposit per customer, including all individual and joint accounts - the first line name on the joint account is considered the customer for gift purposes. The Welcome Deposit to your HSBC Choice Checking account will be reported on the applicable IRS form. Eligible customers who take advantage of this offer cannot receive any other New Consumer Deposit Offers provided by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. New Consumer Deposit Offers are defined as incentives in a form of merchandise and/or cash bonus that are offered to customers who open an eligible checking account and satisfy qualifying activities.
1. To qualify for an HSBC Choice Checking relationship, you need to open an HSBC Choice Checking account and maintain combined balances in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances of at least $1,500 OR maintain a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Choice Checking account at least once per calendar month. A monthly maintenance fee of $15 will be incurred if minimum balance or recurring direct deposit requirement is not met.
2. Qualifying Balance is $1,500 in combined consumer checking and savings New Money balances. Investment balances are not included in this offer.
3. New Money is defined as deposits not previously held by any member of the HSBC Group in the U.S. Accounts/Assets that are ineligible for New Money include: insurance products; fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts including but not limited to IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401(k) Plans; UTMA and UGMA accounts; commercial accounts; and revocable or irrevocable trust accounts and estate accounts.
4. Account opening date is considered day one of the 30 calendar days count.
5. You may be charged additional fees by the ATM operator or network used including a fee by another HSBC entity operating ATMs outside the U.S. Foreign currency conversion rates may still apply.
6. The HSBC Mobile Banking App available for iPhone®, iPad®, and AndroidTM devices and must be downloaded from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM. iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Data rate charges may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges.
7. Under the Bill Pay on-time guarantee, HSBC will bear the responsibility for any late-payment-related charges should an online bill payment arrive after its due date as long as you scheduled the transaction in accordance with the HSBC Personal Internet Banking Terms and Conditions. This guarantee does not apply to business clients using Bill Pay.
8. Deposit amount limits may apply. Camera in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit.
9. Select Credit is a personal line of credit only available for customers who are opening and are approved for or hold an existing consumer deposit relationship (Checking, Savings or Certificate of Deposit) with HSBC Bank USA, N.A. To learn more, please speak with an HSBC Bank USA, N.A. representative for product and pricing details.
* Investment and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. HSI is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
HSBC Debit Mastercard® cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.