Important Service Announcement
Effective May 26, 2021
Last year, we at HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (“HSBC” or “the Bank”) set out on a journey to be able to better cater to our clients’ needs globally and from a wealth management perspective. You may have seen a recent announcement from us about the next phase of this plan. As a result of this new focus for HSBC, we are streamlining parts of the Bank. This decision was not made lightly, but is necessary for us to best position the Bank for the future. As part of this, some of our branches, clients, and employees will be transitioned to another financial institution in the coming months.
What this means for you
If you are:
- An existing HSBC customer who is opening a new deposit account or applying for unsecured credit, and you have been notified that you’re being transitioned; or
- A new HSBC customer who is applying for unsecured credit or opening any other deposit account than an HSBC Premier checking, savings or credit card account; or
- A new or existing HSBC Retail Business Banking customer who is opening a new deposit account or applying for credit, then*
* Any HSBC account(s) opened or applied for today will be transitioned to a new financial institution in the near future.
- If you are interested in insurance or investments, please contact an HSBC Securities (USA) Financial Consultant.
More details and FAQs can be found at us.hsbc.com/GoingForward
Check if you're eligible
Before proceeding, please note that HSBC Fusion serves small businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Are U.S. based business and
- Have annual sales up to $5,000,000, including start-ups
What you'll need to apply
Investments and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. HSI and HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. (HIA) offer Insurance products. In California, HSBC does business as HSBC Securities Insurance Services, License # OE67746. HIA California License #: OD36843. Investment and Insurance Products: Not FDIC Insured | Not Insured by the Federal Government or any Federal Government Agency | Not a Deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, The Bank or any Affiliate of the Bank | Subject to Investment Risk, including loss of Principal Invested.
HSBC and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice. All decisions regarding tax implications of your Investments should be made in consultation with your independent tax advisor.