Next steps – make the most of your new account
Sign up for Personal Internet Banking
Access your HSBC Choice Checking account online through Personal Internet Banking. It’s the fastest, most convenient way to view your balances, transfer funds, and pay bills online from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Using your unique log on credentials (Username and Password) you can perform secure banking transactions online, whenever and wherever you want – backed by our $0 Liability, Online Guarantee2.
Activate your debit card
HSBC Debit Mastercard® card
If you have requested an HSBC Debit Mastercard® card you can activate your card online or by phone. Follow the instructions on the activation sticker attached to your card.
Fund your Choice Checking account online or in a branch
Transfer money online or use Mobile Check Deposit
Make a deposit to your Choice Checking account online from Personal Internet Banking with a Bank to Bank Transfer3 or Wire Transfers4. Use HSBC Mobile Check Deposit from the Mobile Banking App5 to deposit a check via your smartphone. Or deposit a check at an HSBC branch or ATM.
Your welcome guide to HSBC
At every point in your financial journey, an HSBC Personal Banking representative will be there to assist you.
Call HSBC at 800.975.HSBC (4722) for support, 7 days a week from 7AM to 12 Midnight ET.
- Live Chat
Fast and easy to use, our Live Chat service lets you talk to one of our Live Chat customer service representatives.
To start a chat, simply click on the Live Chat tab on the side of the screen.
1. To qualify for an HSBC Choice Checking relationship, you need to open an HSBC Choice Checking account and maintain combined balances in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances of at least $1,500 OR maintain a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Choice Checking account at least once per calendar month. A monthly maintenance fee of $15 will be incurred if minimum balance or recurring direct deposit requirement is not met. Investment and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. HSI is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
2. All HSBC Personal Internet Banking clients with an HSBC personal checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit (CD) or credit card account are automatically covered. HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee is applicable to client transactions covered by Federal Regulation E. The guarantee does not cover business and commercial accounts, accounts at other financial institutions, or accounts that are not covered under Regulation E. The $0 Liability, Online Guarantee assumes notice of fraudulent activity on eligible accounts is provided to HSBC within 60 days, and timely notice on card accounts. Assumes client follows account safeguarding, personal firewalls and online security diligence practices outlined in HSBC's Security & Fraud Center
3. Transfer limits may apply.
4. Not available in all countries. Foreign currency exchange rates and country limitations may apply. Transfers from HSBC accounts from outside the U.S. may be subject to transfer fees.
5. Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges. Camera-in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit. Deposit amount limits may apply. HSBC Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android, and BlackBerry devices.
HSBC Debit Mastercard® cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. ©2019 HSBC Bank USA, N.A.