Send and receive funds in real time using the HSBC Mobile Banking App1 or Personal Internet Banking
HSBC is connected to the Real-Time Payments (RTP®) network, which will allow you to send and receive real-time payments within the U.S. in seconds from your HSBC Bank USA, N.A. checking and/or savings accounts (at no charge).
For one of your payees to be eligible to receive a real-time transfer or payment, you must have previously processed a Bank to Bank Transfer or Domestic Wire Transfer to that payee, and their bank must participate in the RTP® network. You can validate if their bank participates by checking here. Transactions are limited up to $2,500 per transaction, $5,000 daily (subject to change).
What you need to know
- Your payee’s bank must participate in RTP®
- If you’ve done a Bank to Bank Transfer or Domestic Wire Transfer to a payee and their bank participates in RTP® you’re all set. You’ll see your eligible real-time payees when you initiate a transfer in the mobile app or on your Personal Internet Banking page.
- Set up new payees in Personal Internet Banking first.
- Real-time payments are available by using the HSBC Mobile Banking App or Personal Internet Banking.
- After you set up your payee, use the HSBC Mobile Banking App or continue on your Personal Internet Banking page to send transfers or payments in seconds. If using the HSBC Mobile Banking App, you’ll need to log on using two-factor authentication, using an HSBC Security Device or facial recognition/fingerprint to sign-in. If using Personal Internet Banking, you will need to log on using two-factor authentication, using an HSBC Security Device.
- When using the mobile app, if your payee is eligible for a real-time transfer or payment, you’ll see their name when you initiate a transfer in the app. On Personal Internet Banking, if your payee is eligible for a real-time payment or wire, the option will be available after selecting the payee.
If using the mobile app, or Personal Internet Banking, you’ll receive an instant confirmation that your payment was sent in your Messages inbox.
We're here to help.
Our Customer Service is always available by Web Chat. You can also connect by selecting ‘Chat Now’ in the HSBC Mobile Banking App.
Or call us at 800.975.4722. Representatives are available Monday - Sunday, 7am – 12am ET.
More information about RTP can be found in the Rules For Consumer Deposit Accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a real-time payment?
What is different about real-time payments?
How do I know if I received a real-time payment?
Who can I send a real-time payment to?
Which financial institutions use the RTP® network?
How do I make a real-time payment?
1 Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges. Camera-in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit. Deposit amount limits may apply. HSBC Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM devices and must be downloaded from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
RTP® is a registered service mark of The Clearing House Payments Company LLC
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries.
Transfer limits apply, see Rules for Consumer Deposit Accounts
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.