HSBC is now connected to the Real-Time Payments® ("RTP") System, which will allow you to receive real-time payments into your HSBC Bank USA checking and/or savings accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
What is the change?
- HSBC will now accept payments initiated from another bank through the Real-Time Payment (RTP) system. The RTP system moves USD funds from one account to another account in real-time. Both sending and receiving accounts must be located within the United States.
- The RTP payments will be credited within seconds, and these transactions will be reflected on your statement.
- HSBC does not offer the capability to send an RTP payment at this time.
- If a payment is initiated from another bank through the RTP system, you will receive that payment in your checking and/or savings account immediately.
What is a RTP?
It is a payment sent through the RTP system that provides real-time funds availability to the recipient.
Who can send a RTP?
- The sender who originates the payment must have an account with a financial institution that offers the capability to send payments through the RTP system.
- The RTP system can be used between a Sender and Receiver whose accounts are located in the United States.
What is the difference between RTP and other payments?
An RTP payment is delivered immediately, 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. An RTP payment is final and cannot be recalled or returned.
How do I know if a payment I received is as RTP payment?
The RTP description will include “REAL TIME PAYMENT FROM” when posted online or appearing on paper and electronic statements.
We're here to help.
If you have any questions, our dedicated Customer Relationship Center is always available by Live Chat or BankMail, our secure message tool through Internet Banking.
Or if you prefer, contact Customer Service at 800.975.4722. Representatives are available Monday - Sunday 7AM – 12AM ET.
More information about RTP payments, effective June 17, 2019, can be found in the Addendum to the Rules for Consumer Deposit Accounts.
RTP® is a registered service mark of The Clearing House Payments Company L.L.C