Send and receive funds in real time using the HSBC Mobile Banking App1 or Personal Internet Banking
HSBC is connected to the Real-Time Payments (RTP®) network, which will allow you to send and receive real-time payments within the U.S. in seconds from your HSBC Bank USA, N.A. checking and/or savings accounts (at no charge).
For one of your payees to be eligible to receive a real-time transfer or payment, you must have previously processed a Bank to Bank Transfer or Domestic Wire Transfer to that payee, and their bank must participate in the RTP® network. You can validate if their bank participates by checking here. Transactions are limited up to $2,500 per transaction, $5,000 daily (subject to change).
What you need to know
- Real-time payments are available in the HSBC U.S. Mobile Banking App or Personal Internet Banking.
- Your payee’s bank must participate in RTP and you must use an eligible routing number.
- If you’ve done a bank to bank transfer or domestic wire transfer to a payee and their bank participates in RTP®, you’re all set. You’ll see your eligible real-time payees when you initiate a transfer in the mobile app or Personal Internet Banking.
- You'll need to set up new payees in Personal Internet Banking first. After you've set up your payee, use the HSBC U.S. Mobile Banking App or Personal Internet Banking to send transfers or payments in seconds. If using Personal Internet Banking, you will need to log on using two-factor authentication, using an HSBC Security Device.
- You’ll receive an instant confirmation that your payment was sent in your Messages inbox.
We're here to help.
Our Customer Service is always available by Web Chat. You can also connect by selecting ‘Chat Now’ in the HSBC Mobile Banking App.
Or call us at 800.975.4722. Representatives are available Monday - Sunday, 7am – 12am ET.
More information about RTP can be found in the Rules For Consumer Deposit Accounts.
How to transfer funds to an existing payee
With our Real-Time Payments (RTP®) System, you can transfer funds to an existing payee in real-time using your HSBC checking or savings account.
Use Personal Internet Banking to make a real-time payment/transfer
1. Log on to HSBC Personal Internet Banking
2. Within the Useful links bar, click Wires
3. On the Transfers, Wires, and Bill Pay page, select the HSBC checking or savings account you would like to transfer from.
4. In the Top section below, select the Wires/Real-Time Payments option.
5. A payee who is eligible to receive a real-time payment will automatically be listed as a payee under the ‘Move Money’ menu in the Mobile Banking App or on Personal Internet Banking, if your payee is eligible for a real-time payment or wire the option will available after selecting the payee. RTP transactions are limited up to $2,500 per transaction, or $5,000 daily.
We're here to help.
If you have any questions, chat with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the HSBC Mobile Banking App1 or at www.us.hsbc.com/chatwithus. If you prefer, give us a call at 1.800.975.4722 Monday through Sunday 7am – 9pm ET. If you’re calling from outside the US or Canada, please call 1.716.841.7212.
More information about RTP® can be found in the Rules For Consumer Deposit Accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a real-time payment?
What is different about real-time payments?
How do I know if I received a real-time payment?
Who can I send a real-time payment to?
Which financial institutions use the RTP® network?
How do I make a real-time payment?
How long does a Real-Time Payment take to process?
1 Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges. Camera-in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit. Deposit amount limits may apply. HSBC Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM devices and must be downloaded from the App StoreTM or Google PlayTM
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
RTP® is a registered service mark of The Clearing House Payments Company LLC
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries.
Transfer limits apply, see Rules for Consumer Deposit Accounts
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.