Looking to transfer money?
Flexible & Convenient
o 24/7 availability via Personal Internet Banking
o Easily set up future dated and recurring payments
Exchange Rate Certainty
o Live exchange rates updated frequently during market hours
Safe & Secure
Authentication from your HSBC Security Device is required when transferring via Personal Internet Banking for added protection
HSBC International Wire Transfer
Explore the 14 currency options currently available.
How to make an International Wire Transfer
- Log on to Personal Internet Banking with a Security Code generated from your HSBC Security Device
- Click the 'My HSBC' tab, then 'Pay or transfer' under the 'Move Money' section
- Select the account you wish to make the transfer from, then click on 'New Payee' tab
- Enter wire transfer details and follow the on-screen instructions
- Review and Confirm your transfer details
- Please bring the following with you when making an International Wire Transfer in one of our branches:
- Photographic Identification
- Beneficiary details
- Wire transfer details
Receiving a wire transfer1
You can receive International Wire Transfers in a foreign currency or U.S. Dollars. If a wire transfer is received in a different currency to what your account is held in, we'll convert it using the HSBC Exchange Rate at that time, before crediting it to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information do I need before receiving a wire transfer?
What information do I need before sending a wire transfer?
Are there transfer fees?
What exchange rate will be used?
When are wire transfers processed?
Can I set up a future dated or recurring wire transfer?
Can I cancel my wire transfer?
1 Incoming wire transfers may be subject to fees from HSBC and non-HSBC financial institutions. Please check your account terms and charges for further details. HSBC is not responsible for these charges
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.