You invest. You direct.
Our intuitive investment platform allows you to research, analyze, and track the performance of your investments. Trade stocks, ETFs, and Mutual Funds confidently, conveniently, and at a lower cost when you open a Self-Directed Brokerage account.
What to expect
- Direct, online brokerage trading of Equities and ETFs at a fee of only $10.99 per trade. For other products, please refer to the HSBC Securities Commission and Fee Schedule.
- No minimum account balance for Self-Directed Brokerage
- An easy-to-navigate dashboard for trading, tracking and monitoring
- 24/7 access to account statements, valuations, gains and losses, and trade confirmations
- Up-to-the minute trade status reports
- Projected Cash Flow tool to prepare for future investment opportunities
- Agent assisted trades available through our Wealth Services Desk
- Ability to export activity into excel for tax form preparation.
- Ability to view statements, tax documents and other notifications electronically
What you need to apply online
To open a Self-Directed Brokerage account through HSBC Securities you need to have a qualifying HSBC Bank USA N.A. (“HSBC Bank”) Premier relationship which includes a new or existing:
- HSBC Bank Premier checking account; and
- Maintain balances of $75,000 in combined U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances OR recurring direct deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party to an HSBC Bank Premier checking account(s) per calendar month OR an HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original loan amount of at least $500,000.
You will also need:
- You must be 18 years of age
- Current U.S. residential address
- Account information for funding your new account
How to apply
To apply, you must be a full-time legal resident of the United States and not a resident of any other country. Further, you must not be located physically outside the United States at any time during which you complete and/or submit the application for this account.
Existing HSBC Bank customers may apply online.
To apply for an HSBC Securities Self-Directed Brokerage account, you must have an existing U.S. HSBC Bank Premier checking account relationship. If you are an existing HSBC Bank customer but do not have access to Personal Internet Banking, register here.
Call us at 888.809.3802 or from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call 847.876.1574 8am - 6pm ET.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account.
What this means for you: If you open a personal account, we will ask for your name, address, taxpayer identification number, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. Additionally, we will take certain steps to verify your identity, such as asking for your driver's license or other identifying documents or checking other sources. Similar identification requirements apply to non-personal accounts such as corporations and partnerships. Be assured that we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and safeguarding the confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
Privacy and Security
HSBC recognizes the importance of protecting your privacy and we take great care to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Visit our HSBC Security & Fraud Center to learn more about how HSBC helps keep your information secure, and what you can do to ensure a safe online experience.
Investment, annuities, and variable life insurance products are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. In California, HSI conducts insurance business as HSBC Securities Insurance Services. License #: OE67746. HSI is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Whole life, universal life, term life, and other types of insurance are offered by HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Products and services may vary by state and are not available in all states. California license #: OD36843.
Investments, Annuity and Insurance Products:
|ARE NOT A DEPOSIT OR OTHER OBLIGATION OF THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES
||ARE NOT FDIC INSURED
||ARE NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
||ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES
||MAY LOSE VALUE
All decisions regarding the tax implications of your investment(s) should be made in consultation with your independent tax advisor.
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax advisor for more information.
Research backgrounds of brokers and firms for free by visiting FINRA's BrokerCheck website.