The account that unlocks a world of opportunity
Premium banking with no HSBC fees on everyday transactions[@acceligmaintfee], no hassle and no borders. Enjoy access to Premier privileges and preferred rates for your family. Live, work and travel with HSBC Premier status around the world.
Here's what you get with an HSBC Premier checking account
Premier for you
Premier for your family
Premier around the world
Unlock all that Premier offers you
- Get competitive pricing across all of our products.
- Get access to wealth products, insights and advice from an HSBC Financial Professional through HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.[@financialprofdef]
- Spend, shop, and share good times with the security of a Mastercard® chip debit card.
Share Premier with your family
- Share your Premier status with up to four family members[@linkaccpriv].
- Like you, they'll enjoy global privileges and preferential savings rates.
- Get overseas account opening support for loved ones moving abroad.
Travel the world – with Premier status
- Access your eligible, worldwide HSBC deposit accounts online and transfer funds between them with Global View and Global Transfers[@gloviewglotrans].
- Overseas account opening support before you move or work abroad.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees on your purchases when you use the HSBC Premier Debit World Mastercard® card.
Enjoy even more benefits with Premier Elite status
Qualify for one year of enhanced Premier benefits by maintaining an average qualifying total relationship balance of 1 million USD over two consecutive months[@premierelite].
Automatic notification means you don't need to do anything - we'll let you know once you've qualified.
- Jump to the front of the queue with priority banking, whether on the phone or using online chat.
- Automatically qualify for the higher Relationship Interest Rate on the HSBC Premier Relationship Savings account[@QualPremRelSavAcc] and get an annual fee waiver on the HSBC Elite Credit Card[@premierelite].
See HSBC Premier Elite terms and conditions for more information.
Things to know
You need to have at least one of the following:
- at least $75,000 in total deposits and/or investments[@investmentsdisclaimer]
- at least $5,000 in total direct deposits[@qualdd] per month
- a U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original loan amount of at least $500,000
You must also:
- be at least 18 years old
- be currently located in one of these countries (subject to change)
What you may need to apply
Apply for an HSBC Premier checking account
New to HSBC?
Apply this way if you are not already an HSBC U.S. customer and are applying for a sole account.
Already an HSBC U.S. customer?
Apply this way if you are already an HSBC customer and are applying for a sole account.
Apply for a joint account
If you want to apply for a joint Premier checking account, or don't meet the criteria to apply online, please leave your details and we'll call you back to help with your application.
By applying online you are accepting the terms and can meet the requirements listed on this page.
Disclaimers and additional information
All accounts will get the interest rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) in effect when the account is opened and funded online. See Terms & Charges for more information.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account.
What this means for you: If you open a personal account, we will ask for your name, address, taxpayer identification number, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. Additionally, we will take certain steps to verify your identity, such as asking for your driver's license or other identifying documents or checking other sources. Similar identification requirements apply to non-personal accounts such as corporations and partnerships. Be assured that we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and safeguarding the confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
For clients located outside of the U.S. - Our products and services are not specifically directed at individuals located in the European Union. Our U.S. representatives, as well as our public website, us.hsbc.com, provide products and services governed by U.S. laws and regulations. Our products and services, as well as their specific terms and conditions, are subject to change and may not be available in all territories or to all customers. If your product requires a contract, application, disclosure, or other document to be signed, such document(s) will be deemed executed in the U.S. and only acted upon after you have signed them and they have been received by HSBC in the U.S. If you are not located in the U.S., the laws and regulations of your country of residence could affect the offering, negotiation, discussion, provision, and/or use of HSBC U.S. products and services.If you are not a U.S. resident, please read the specific cross-border product and service disclaimers, which are available on the Cross Border Disclosure page of our public website available at www.us.hsbc.com/crossborder.
HSBC refers to HSBC Bank USA, N.A., HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. and HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. provides banking products and services. HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. provides investment products and services and is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. provides insurance products and services and is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
HSBC Credit Cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A., subject to credit approval and requires a U.S. HSBC checking account relationship. To learn more, speak with any HSBC representative.
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are only available for properties located in the U.S. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.