The Bill Pay feature in Personal Internet Banking and HSBC Mobile Banking App1 allows you to pay a company or a person within the U.S. from your HSBC checking account with no fee.
Your online payments are guaranteed to arrive on time2 and are also backed by our $0 Liability, Online Guarantee3 against unauthorized access or misuse.
Pay a company or person
- Control exactly when your payment will be made
- Set up one-time or recurring payments for bills like rent, tuition, utilities or your mortgage
- Make up to five one-time bill payments at a time
- Send money to any company or person in the U.S. even if they’re not set up online. We can deliver your payment as a paper check via postal mail, eliminating your need for a checkbook or a stamp. It will arrive as a paper check within 5 business days.
What you'll need
To set up a payee you need to log on to Personal Internet Banking. After this one-time payee set up, you can make or schedule payments using Personal Internet Banking or the HSBC Mobile Banking App4.
If paying a company
- Company name
- Company U.S. address
- Your account # with the company
If paying a person
- Full name
- U.S. address
- Account number with payee (if you do not have account number with payee, the account number field can be used as a memo line)
How to use Bill Pay
1 Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges. Camera-in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit. Deposit amount limits may apply. HSBC Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM devices and must be downloaded from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM.
2 Under the Bill Pay 'on–time' guarantee, HSBC will bear the responsibility for any late–payment–related charges should an online bill payment arrive after its due date as long as you scheduled the transaction within five business days of the payment due date. This guarantee does not apply to business clients using Bill Pay.
3 All HSBC Personal Internet Banking clients with an HSBC personal checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit (CD) or credit card account are automatically covered. HSBC's $0 Liability, Online Guarantee is applicable to client transactions covered by Federal Regulation E. The guarantee does not cover business and commercial accounts, accounts at other financial institutions or accounts that are not covered under Regulation E. The $0 Liability, Online Guarantee assumes notice of fraudulent activity on eligible accounts is provided to HSBC within 60 days, and timely notice on card accounts. Assumes client account safeguarding, personal firewalls and online security diligence outlined in HSBC's Security and Fraud Center website.