How to transfer your HSBC Digital Security Device to a new smartphone
If you're switching or upgrading phones, you'll need to transfer your Digital Security Device in the HSBC Mobile Banking App1 to your new iPhone or Android device.
Why do I have to transfer my Digital Security Device? That's because you can only have one active Digital Security Device installed at a time.
If you have your old phone
If you have your old phone, you simply need to deactivate your Digital Security Device on your old phone and reinstall it on your new phone.
Step 1: Deactivate on your old phone
First you’ll need to deactivate your Digital Security Device on your old phone (in the HSBC Mobile Banking App).
- Log on to the HSBC Mobile Banking App using your old phone.
- Tap on the Profile menu, select Security.
- Tap on Deactivate under the Digital Security Device heading.
- Click on the red Deactivate button on the bottom of the screen. You’ll be logged off after you click Deactivate.
Once you tap Deactivate, you'll be logged off automatically and you won't be able to use Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint to log on to the HSBC Mobile Banking App on your old phone.
Step 2: Activate on your new phone
Next you’ll need to activate the Digital Security Device on your new phone (in the HSBC Mobile Banking App).
- Download the HSBC Mobile Banking App on your new phone (search for ‘HSBC US’ in the App StoreTM or Google PlayTM)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your security information.
1 Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges.
App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
If you don’t have your old phone or it doesn’t work
If old phone is lost, stolen or broken, contact us immediately through Web Chat and we can assist in switching over your Digital Security Device.
- Contact Customer Service.