How to transfer money from HSBC to another bank
Personal Internet Banking allows you to transfer money between checking and savings accounts and your accounts at other U.S. financial institutions – including banks and credit unions.
What you’ll need:
- Account number for the non-HSBC account
- Routing number for the non-HSBC account
Bank to Bank Transfers
If the sending and receiving bank accounts are both in your name, and are at U.S. banks, you can transfer funds between your eligible HSBC and non-HSBC accounts using Bank to Bank Transfers.
How to add a new external account
1. Log on to Personal Internet Banking.
2. Within the Useful links bar, click Bank to Bank Transfers.
3. To add a new external account for making transfers, click on the Add New Account button in the center of the page. You’ll need the routing number and account number of the account you wish to add.
- For your protection and security, HSBC will verify the information entered by you to ensure that the request for the service actually came from you.
- For most major banks and credit unions, we can complete confirmation of individual accounts you have online access set up for in less than a minute.
- For other accounts, we will ask you to complete a trial deposit verification, which generally completes in two to three business days.
- We’ll notify you by email of the status of your registration within three days. The email will also contain simple instructions for your next steps.
Once your account is verified
4. On the Bank to Bank Transfer page (see step 2 above), enter the amount to you wish to transfer.
5. Select the HSBC account you would like to transfer from.
6. Select the non-HSBC account you would like to transfer to.
7. Select the Send On Date when you would like to send the money. Click on the Make Recurring dropdown if you want the transfer to re-occur based on the frequency and duration you specify.
8. Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
How will I know when a transfer is complete?
- You’ll receive email confirmations for upcoming transfers, transfers in progress and completed transfers.
- Visit the Bank to Bank Transfer page and click on the Activity link in the menu heading to see an up-to-date report on your Transfer Funds requests over the past 180 days. Each transfer request is displayed along with the date and status of the transfer.
- You should also be able to confirm the completion of the transfer with your non-HSBC account after scheduled completion of your request.
For more information about bank to bank transfers, visit our Move Money FAQs page.
We're here to help you
- Chat with us for assistance.
Other ways to get help
- Contact Customer Service.