Personal Internet Banking allows you to transfer money between your HSBC accounts, your non-HSBC bank accounts, and to other accounts at banks around the world.
If the sending and receiving bank accounts are both in your name, and are at U.S. banks, you can transfer funds between your eligible HSBC and non-HSBC accounts using Bank-to-Bank Transfers.
- Log On to Personal Internet Banking
- Under the 'Move Money' section, click 'Bank-to-Bank Transfers' on the left
- Accept the pop-up notification - this allows you to enter the Bank-to-Bank Transfer function
- Enter you amount
- Select account to transfer from
- Select account to transfer to
- Select 'Send on Date'
- Press 'Continue' and follow the onscreen instructions
Funds (Wire) Transfer
You can also transfer funds between domestic and foreign banks by Funds Transfers, more commonly known as a Wire Transfer. The owner of the account who is sending the funds will need to initiate the transfer request.
The following recipient information is needed:
1. Recipient’s Personal Information
- Full Name
- Phone Number (if known)
2. Recipient’s Bank Account Details
- Bank account number (checking or savings account number)
- Bank's full name and address
3. Recipient's Banking System Details
- System to be used such as ABA Routing Number, Fedwire Number, SWIFT, or CHIPS
- Institution number (ABA Routing #123456789, for example)