We’ll help you find the best mortgage to fit your needs
We’re making the dream of home ownership come true with a variety of mortgage options for – but not limited to – first time homebuyers and veterans.
Explore our Affordable and Regional mortgage programs and then get started with a rate quote, request financing, or speak with one of our Mortgage Consultants who can help assist you in finding the best mortgage to fit your needs.
Affordable and regional mortgages designed for, but not limited to, first time homebuyers
Down payment options that fit your budget.
HSBC’s CommunityWorks1 offers an affordable low down payment mortgage option. This program may be combined with eligible grants to help pay for costs associated with obtaining a mortgage.
- Loans up to 97% of the appraised property value or purchase price, whichever is lower
- Competitive mortgage rates
- Loans for 1-4 unit family dwellings, condominiums, cooperatives2 and homes in planned unit developments (PUDs)
HSBC’s HomeReady®3 mortgage offers an affordable low down payment option. HomeReady® requires minimal out of pocket funds, and considers income from a non-occupant co-borrower or a renter for qualification.
- Flexibility for non-occupant co-borrowers
- Loans for 1-4 unit family dwellings, condominiums, planned unit developments (PUDs) and cooperatives2
- Limited cash out refinancing5
HSBC’s Home Possible®3 mortgage offers flexible and affordable options to meet borrowers’ needs. Home Possible® offers the stability of a fixed-rate mortgage, requires minimal out-of-pocket funds, and allows flexible sources of funds.
- As low as 3% down-payment requirement4
- Non-occupying co-borrowers permitted for 1-unit properties with qualifying LTV ratios
- No reserve requirement for 1-unit properties6
Only available for prospective homebuyers in New York
If you live in New York State and are a first-time homebuyer, a SONYMA (State of New York Mortgage Agency)10 loan may be a great choice for you. Designed to provide affordable mortgage financing, SONYMA loans offer you the chance to buy an existing home or build a brand new one.
- SONYMA is a competitive, fixed interest rate program
- Borrower’s income must meet SONYMA’s Household Income Limit requirements
- SONYMA loans are only available for New York State properties and only to the owners of Owner-Occupied Primary Residences
For more information on this program, contact one of our SONYMA mortgage consultants
Homebuyer Dream Program®
Only available for prospective homebuyers in New York or New Jersey
HSBC is partnering with the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York to offer down payment and closing cost assistance. The Homebuyer Dream Program7 helps first-time homebuyers become home owners.
- For first-time homebuyers8 purchasing a home in eligible counties within NY or NJ
- Home ownership counseling completion by at least one homebuyer
- First-time homebuyer needs to meet all program requirements, including household income guidelines9
For more information on this program contact
1 The CommunityWorks program is only available in Washington, D.C. and specific counties in CA, CT, DE, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and WA. Certain income level restrictions may apply depending upon property location.
3 Certain income restrictions may apply and properties must be owner occupied, primary residences. Home ownership education is required for at least one borrower on all purchase transactions if all occupying borrowers are first time home buyers. Not available in West Virginia.
7 Homebuyer Dream Program is a registered trademark of the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York. Application to the Homebuyer Dream Program does not guarantee approval of any mortgage loan through HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Borrower must meet program, income and underwriting standards and purchase an eligible property type. Limited funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A minimum of $1,000 equity contribution toward purchase.
11 Final mortgage approval is subject to receipt of a satisfactory purchase contract by commitment expiration date, satisfactory appraisal and title report and completion of all conditions stated in your commitment letter.
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are only available for properties located in the U.S. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be cancelled or are subject to change at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.