Your fingerprint is an excellent security device – no two are exactly the same and you've always got it with you. If you have a compatible Android device with Fingerprint ID enabled, you can log onto the Mobile Banking App1 faster with your fingerprint.
To use Android Fingerprint you'll need:
- A compatible device and operating system
- The latest version of the HSBC US Mobile Banking App
- An activated Digital Security Device on the HSBC Mobile Banking App
Enable Android Fingerprint by following these steps:
- In your phone device settings, make sure you've set up Fingerprint ID.
- Now open the HSBC US Mobile Banking App using your Digital Security Device Passcode and follow the prompt to enable Fingerprint ID
- If you select skip on the prompted page you can also activate Fingerprint ID if you logged on using your Digital Security Device Passcode. Once logged on, select ‘Profile’, select ‘Security’ and tap on the Fingerprint ID toggle.
- Now you can use Fingerprint ID to log on to the app.
When you enable Android Fingerprint log on, any fingerprint stored on your device, now or in the future, can be used to log on to the HSBC US Mobile Banking App. You should only enable Android Fingerprint if you're the only person who has registered fingerprints on your device. More information about keeping your device and security details safe and secure are available in the Security section of the HSBC Mobile Banking App Terms and Conditions. You can find these in the app menu.
To enable Android Fingerprint, your device must be running either Android 8 or above, and have the functionality to use fingerprint login.
**Samsung, Samsung Pay and Galaxy are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.