Your fingerprint is an excellent security device – no two are exactly the same and you've always got it with you. If you have a compatible Android device with Fingerprint ID enabled, you can log onto the Mobile Banking App1 faster with your fingerprint.
To use Android Fingerprint you'll need:
- A compatible device and operating system
- The latest version of the HSBC US Mobile Banking App
- An activated Digital Security Device on the HSBC Mobile Banking App
Enable Android Fingerprint by following these steps:
- Make sure you've set up Fingerprint ID in your phone's device settings.
- Open the HSBC U.S. Mobile Banking App using your Digital Security Device PIN.
- Follow the prompt to enable Fingerprint ID. Or, once you've logged on, go to 'Profile', select 'Security', select 'Manage Security', choose your device and tap on the Fingerprint ID toggle.
- Now you can use Fingerprint ID to log on to the app.
When you enable Android Fingerprint log on, any fingerprint stored on your device, now or in the future, can be used to log on to the HSBC US Mobile Banking App. You should only enable Android Fingerprint if you're the only person who has registered fingerprints on your device. More information about keeping your device and security details safe and secure are available in the Security section of the HSBC Mobile Banking App Terms and Conditions. You can find these in the app menu.
To enable Android Fingerprint, your device must be running either Android 8 or above, and have the functionality to use fingerprint login.
1 Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges. Camera-in device required to be able to utilize HSBC Mobile Check Deposit. Deposit amount limits may apply. HSBC Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM devices and must be downloaded from the App StoreTM or Google PlayTM.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
App Store is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.