Customer Care - Tweet us
Mon-Fri 7AM - 7PM ET
Sat 8:30AM - 5PM ET
HSBC Social Media Terms and Conditions
HSBC North America Holdings Inc. (“HSBC”) is committed to driving human ambition and empowering customers to engage and interact with our brand. Social Media presents a unique opportunity for these interactions and through this platform we are better able to connect with our customers, the public, and the communities in which we operate. Unless stated otherwise, these platforms are intended for United States customers and designed for use in the U.S.
We want to hear your message and would love for you to hear ours. However, in order to provide a quality and respectful environment to support these exchanges, it is important that all parties choosing to engage with us comply with the following terms and conditions which apply to all social media websites, accounts and/or pages which belong to or are managed by HSBC.
Fostering Responsible Engagement
- So we can improve our services and ensure we are providing the best engagement, we may monitor and record comments and posts made to our channels.
- We are not responsible for any information posted on our channels that we, HSBC, have not posted ourselves.
- The content provided on our sites is owned or licensed by HSBC, unless otherwise indicated. Do not copy, download, transfer, modify, or otherwise use or commercially exploit the content on our pages without permission.
- While we may follow or share information from other sites or users, we do not endorse specific social media sites themselves, their products or services, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users nor does HSBC guarantee the accuracy of content that is not directly posted by HSBC (such as a share or retweet).
- HSBC does not directly offer financial services or products on social media though we may from time to time advertise or promote such items. Our operation of social media channels, pages and accounts does not constitute an offer of any products or services provided by HSBC. Any communication between you and HSBC on these platforms does not alter, change or supersede any of the agreements you may have with us as a customer.
- We don't give investment, tax or other professional advice via social media. You should always seek independent professional advice before making such decisions.
- The views and opinions expressed within the videos on the HSBC U.S. YouTube Channel are those of the speakers as of the creation date of the video, and are subject to change at any time. Content within this channel is intended for a U.S. audience only.
- Our pages should not be used for illegal purposes, to breach any laws, or transmit through our profiles any computer viruses or defamatory materials deemed to be offensive or obscene.
- We do not allow and will remove posts that infringe upon the rights of others. Users may not harass, bully, or cause distress to other users on our pages.
- Administration of our pages, features, functions and content provided within our official profiles are the right of HSBC and its members and are not for the use of others without our express permission.
Protecting Your Information
- We will never ask you to share personal, account, or security information via our social media sites and you should not post such information on those platforms. For your own protection, always be thoughtful about what you publish - particularly on external platforms. You must make sure you do not disclose or use confidential or proprietary information in any online social platform.
- Do not post materials on our pages that are false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, are invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringe on intellectual property rights, are abusive, harassing, illegal, or otherwise objectionable.
- You are permitted to share and comment on content that we post to our social media sites, provided that you do not alter it and that you cite us as the source of that content. All original content that we post on our social media sites is the copyright of HSBC and any HSBC trademarks, logos or designs are HSBC intellectual property.
Supporting Your Ideas
- We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas submitted via these channels. We may from time to time join the conversation, however, we cannot guarantee to read or reply to all messages sent to our accounts.
- Emerging themes and helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people within the HSBC Group for consideration, however no guarantee is made that any proposals will be acted upon.
- If you do submit an idea, you are agreeing that HSBC or the HSBC Group can use your ideas (without compensation to you) for any purpose and in any way, and that any information you provide will be considered non-confidential, non-proprietary.
- By tagging comments, content, or images to us you are providing us permission to share, like, re-use, or retweet the content freely.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Neither HSBC nor any other party involved in the creation, production or delivery of information at this site, nor the officers, directors, employees or representatives of any of the foregoing, are liable in any way for any indirect, special, punitive, consequential, or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits, cost of procuring substitute service or lost opportunity) arising out of or in connection with this site or the use of this site or a linked site or with the delay or inability to use this site or a linked site, whether or not HSBC is made aware of the possibility of such damages. This limitation includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any viruses, data or harmful code that may affect a user's equipment, any incompatibility between this site's files and the user's browser or other site accessing program, or any failure of any electronic or telephone equipment, communication or connection lines, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, or any force majeure. HSBC does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to this site or a linked site. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed and other links provided by the linked sites are not necessarily investigated, verified, monitored or endorsed by HSBC. The information, software, products and description of services published on the site or a linked site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors, and HSBC and/or HSBC members specifically disclaim any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. Changes are periodically made to the information on the site and linked sites. HSBC may make improvements or changes to the site at any time.
You release HSBC, and its parent, affiliate, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees, service providers, and all other associated with the development and execution of the site, from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, the site, including, but not limited to, any suspension, modification or cancellation of the site, technical issues, submissions received or posted, including liability for personal injury, death, damages or loss. Furthermore, by entering, viewing, accessing, downloading items from, browsing or otherwise using this site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HSBC, its agents, service providers and their respective parents, and its and their subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns, and each of their directors, officers, agents, equity holders and employees, from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) which arise out of any breach of these terms and conditions or your submissions.
HSBC currently operates the following official social media presences in the U.S.:
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/HSBCUS
• Twitter handle: @HSBC_US
• YouTube: youtube.com/hsbcusa