Move your banking forward
Reach your financial goals with a checking account that gives you access to the many benefits and rewards of an HSBC Advance relationship.
As an Advance customer you’ll have access to the support and tools you need to help you manage cash flow and credit, build savings, and control debt.
Qualifying Requirement Options
To waive the monthly maintenance fee, you'll need to meet one of the following qualifying requirements.
No minimum balance with Qualifying direct deposit2
to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per calendar month
$5,000 minimum balance
in combined balance in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances
Any HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan
Please contact the Customer Service Center for information regarding qualifying commercial balances
Free select style HSBC Advance checks
What you need to apply online
You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past two years
Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
Account information for funding your new account
How to apply
Important Service Announcement
Effective May 26, 2021
Last year, we at HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (“HSBC” or “the Bank”) set out on a journey to be able to better cater to our clients’ needs globally and from a wealth management perspective. You may have seen a recent announcement from us about the next phase of this plan. As a result of this new focus for HSBC, we are streamlining parts of the Bank. This decision was not made lightly, but is necessary for us to best position the Bank for the future. As part of this, some of our branches, clients, and employees will be transitioned to another financial institution in the coming months.
What this means for you
If you are:
- An existing HSBC customer who is opening a new deposit account or applying for unsecured credit, and you have been notified that you’re being transitioned; or
- A new HSBC customer who is applying for unsecured credit or opening any other deposit account than an HSBC Premier checking, savings or credit card account; or
- A new or existing HSBC Retail Business Banking customer who is opening a new deposit account or applying for credit, then*
* Any HSBC account(s) opened or applied for today will be transitioned to a new financial institution in the near future.
- If you are interested in insurance or investments, please contact an HSBC Securities (USA) Financial Consultant.
More details and FAQs can be found at us.hsbc.com/GoingForward
New to HSBC?
Already an HSBC customer?
New to the U.S.?
** By clicking Apply online you are accepting the terms and can meet the requirements listed on this page.
All accounts will get the interest rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) in effect when the account is opened and funded online. See Terms & Charges Disclosures for more information.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account.
What this means for you: If you open a personal account, we will ask for your name, address, taxpayer identification number, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. Additionally, we will take certain steps to verify your identity, such as asking for your driver's license or other identifying documents or checking other sources. Similar identification requirements apply to non-personal accounts such as corporations and partnerships. Be assured that we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and safeguarding the confidentiality of the information you provide to us.
• Balances of $5,000 in combined U.S. consumer and qualifying commercial U.S. Dollar deposit and investment* accounts; OR
• Monthly recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account; OR
• An HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan. Home Equity products are not included.
A monthly maintenance fee of $25 will be incurred if one of these requirements is not maintained.
2 Qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of regular periodic payments (such as salary, pension, Government Benefits or other monthly income) made into your HSBC Advance checking account from third parties at least once per calendar month.
4 Available only on U.S. non-HSBC ATM transactions (except in New York State) initiated from HSBC Advance checking, HSBC Advance Savings, and HSBC Promotional Advance Savings. HSBC will rebate up to four qualifying ATM third-party surcharge fees incurred based on transaction date order during the calendar month. The rebate will be credited to your account on the first business day of the following calendar month.
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax advisor for more information.
HSBC Advance Mastercard® credit cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A., subject to credit approval and require a U.S. HSBC Advance1 or Premier relationship. To learn more, speak with an HSBC branch representative.
HSBC Advance Debit Mastercard® cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Mortgage and home equity products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and are only available for property located in the U.S. Subject to credit approval. Borrowers must meet program qualifications. Programs are subject to change. Geographic and other restrictions may apply. Discounts can be canceled or are subject to change at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
* Investments and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. HSI and HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. (HIA) offer Insurance products. In California, HSBC does business as HSBC Securities Insurance Services, License # OE67746. HIA California License #: OD36843. Investment and Insurance Products: Not FDIC Insured | Not Insured by the Federal Government or any Federal Government Agency | Not a Deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, The Bank or any Affiliate of the Bank | Subject to Investment Risk, including loss of Principal Invested.
HSBC and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice. All decisions regarding tax implications of your Investments should be made in consultation with your independent tax advisor.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.