Use Personal Internet Banking to send or receive a payment (wire transfer) using your HSBC checking or savings account.
What you'll need
To make a Wire Transfer:
- Recipient’s full name and address
- Full name and address of recipient’s bank
- Recipient’s Bank Identifier Code (BIC) (International Wires Only) or bank routing number
- Recipient’s bank account number or IBAN (International Bank Account number)
Incorrect or missing information may lead to delays to your International Wire Transfer so it’s important to double-check that your wire transfer details are correct. If the payment order for your transfer (domestic or international remittance) includes an incorrect account number or recipient institution identifier, you could lose the transfer amount.
Send a wire transfer online
2. Hover over My HSBC at the top of the page and then scroll down and click Pay or Transfer.
3. Select the account you want to make a payment from.
4. If you have made a payment to the recipient before, select the appropriate account from 'My payees.' If this is the first time you've made a payment to this recipient click the New Payee tab.
When you set up a new wire payee, you’ll have to enter a Transaction Digital Signing (TDS) code for additional security, which is generated on either a Digital or Physical Security Device.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your payee details, payment amount, when you’d like the payment to occur (future-dated or recurring).
6. Review and confirm your transfer details.
Wire receipts are available for up to two years in Personal Internet Banking. To access them, just hover over My HSBC at the top of the page and then scroll down to the Documents section and click on My Documents.
Wire Transfer requests submitted before 4:15 PM Eastern Time (ET) on a business day will be processed the same day. Those completed after 4:15 PM ET on business days will be automatically re-dated to the next business day.
The exchange rate used will be the HSBC Exchange Rate applicable at the time your wire transfer is processed.
Fees from the financial institution you transfer funds to and from may apply, in addition to fees HSBC may charge. HSBC is not responsible for these charges.
For applicable transfer fees, please refer to the Pre-Payment and Receipt Disclosures received at the time of your wire transaction.
How to cancel a wire transfer
International Wire Transfers can be cancelled for a full refund within 30 minutes of payment, unless the funds have been picked up or deposited.
To cancel a Wire Transfer:
1. Hover over My HSBC and click Amend or Cancel Pending Payments and Transfers on the left-hand side under the Move Money section.
2. From the list, select Show Details on the bottom of the future-dated transfer of which you would like to cancel.
3. Click Delete on the bottom of the Show Details section.
Receiving a wire transfer
HSBC routing numbers for receiving a wire payment
U.S. Routing Numbers
ABA/ACH when receiving an electronic transfer
ABA when receiving a funds transfer through Fedwire
ABA for receiving a funds transfer through Fedwire accounts in California
International Routing Numbers
HSBC CHIPS code (when receiving a funds transfer or international wire)
HSBC SWIFT code (or when receiving an international wire)
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
452 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10018-3801
United States persons are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income and may be subject to tax and other filing obligations with respect to their U.S. and non-U.S. accounts. U.S. persons should consult a tax adviser for more information.